Class of 2027 - Macaulay Honors College

Didnt see a forum/thread for students applying to Macaulay @ CUNY for class of 2027 so here it is. Would be much appreciated if everyone can post stats, updates, tips, etc.

2 Likes

i confirmed my interview for next week, anyone know what questions there are?

1 Like

I confirmed mine for the 21st seems to be mostly base level stuff is what I can find online. Stuff like why Macaulay, how would others describe you, who are your role models. These were the examples I could find online.

1 Like

I had my interview on the 9th of this month with Hunter!
1- it was in a big room and other people were also being interviewed a little far next to me but it wasn’t loud, so you won’t be disturbed. You will be interviewed by one Macaulay student and a Hunter(not Macaulay) student.

The questions they asked were how you would fit into Macaulay and it built on from there. I mentioned my background so they questioned my background.
They also asked what I will bring into the school, my favorite science class and how I will be able to persevere through the tough courses as a nursing student. And they also asked my biggest fear coming to the school. After everything, they asked about questions.

That’s all I remember! I hope this was helpful. Don’t be nervous! They were super nice and this is an opportunity for them to get know you because the interviews haven’t read your essays so you can bring all that up.

2 Likes

My interview was on the 11th.

Everyone there was dressed formal, i was wearing a collared shirt and a tie. Most of the questions went fine I hope, but the one thing that stumped me was how will I contribute to the community. I didnt have an answer straight in my head so I kinda had to talk around for a second while I thought of my answer. I dont know what exactly they were looking for but best of luck to everyone.

I am so nervous because i feel like my hunter interview could have been better. It was nervous wrecking being one of people called in the first interview group! But i am so ready to find out :smiling_face_with_tear: Good luck to yall​:sparkles::sparkles:

anybody got the macaulay email saying, decision coming out march 15th. we look forward to welcoming you to macaulay family

1 Like

Yeah i got it too! I am hoping this statement is a sign of goodluck :pray:t5::pray:t5:

Can you share your stats?

We did, too! It certainly sounds promising!

Those of you that received emails, which CUNY did you put as first choice? A few of you also mentioned doing an interview but I know not all CUNY schools do Macaulay interviews. Thanks!

1 Like

Applied to City College first and Hunter second and got the email. My son did no interviews. If had gotten an email about it, I’m not sure that he would have responded.

1 Like

My son applied to Macaulay with CCNY as first choice and he also received the “we look forward to welcoming you” email.

While we live in the state, we’re six hours from NYC so he’d be looking to live in the Towers at City College if he gets a Macaulay acceptance and decides on CCNY/Macaulay. Anybody else from outside NYC?

1 Like

My son said all his friends who applied got the same email, so it probably doesn’t mean anything. We’re in Queens.

2 Likes

Good luck to all Macaulay hopefuls this week!

1 Like

I know i am nervous. But Imma keep yall updated!

Accepted in Macaulay Honors at Baruch !!!

2 Likes

Not accepted.

Still no email here. Applied to CCNY. No status in CUNY admissions portal either.

rejected :frowning: dang