Class of 2027 Undergrad/Class of 2025 Grad: The Tours, the Auditions, the Journey

Congratulations!!!

Hi Lendlees! Like your percussion son, my percussion daughter is back again and now on the grad school trail. When D was applying UG, Rice released prescreen results before Christmas. Rice auditions start in January, so I would be surprised if our kids don’t hear before Christmas, so the faculty and staff can actually enjoy some time off.

1 Like

My daughter just got invited to DePaul today after prescreen (voice). So there’s another one to watch for!

8 Likes

Clarinet friends heard back from Northwestern today.

5 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

@bridgenail this is super interesting perspective on the real world. Thank you! Glad to know that at least for now she can count on being notified. Not looking forward to what comes next.

Just heard from cello son (from school) that he passed the prescreen at Manhattan School of Music. There is a weird moment when you wonder about this entire process - for example - did he actually hit SEND on that app?

9 Likes

My viola D just got her Manhattan School of Music invite. Now I feel like we are really doing this :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Congratulations! I had that same feeling when my kid got his first invitation to audition after passing a prescreen. Here we go!

2 Likes

Cello son received invite from Northwestern today.

12 Likes

My voice D got her MSM invite yesterday as well. Exciting!

8 Likes

Just got an audition invite from NYU!

10 Likes

Hi I have a child applying to composition programs. Wondering if anyone has heard anything about prescreening from Oberlin Conservatory? Invitations or rejections? Thanks.!

I just went through emails from last year and S22 received his prescreen pass email on Dec 17. So you should be hearing very soon.

Break a leg! S22 loves it at Oberlin so far (one semester in, LOL).

2 Likes

Yay for voice majors!

Congrats and toi toi toi!

2 Likes

thanks Baribassmom!

2 Likes

Ugh we have still only heard from U of Houston! Congrats to all of your kids!

3 Likes

DS is applying as a vocal performance major and has auditioned at Frost but is still waiting on prescreen results from Blair and Bienen🤷🏼‍♀️

3 Likes

Not yet, though it may differ by department.

1 Like

congratulations! My son is a freshman at Blair in the clarinet studio, and he’s having a great experience so far :slight_smile:

6 Likes