Class of 2027--University of Oregon

Deferred, they want to see mid year grades. Decision by 4/1. :pensive:

Deferrals are hard. But they aren’t rejections. Crossing fingers that it all works out the way your kids want it to.

3 Likes

For those of you waiting for the U of Oregon honors college acceptance info…my daughter just said it popped onto her portal.

1 Like

@michele_burnett thank you! D23 accepted to Honors but not selected as a semi-finalist for Stamps so sadly looks like UO out of our budget.

1 Like

It is so expensive for OOS students, especially when you add the honors college. We definitely will need scholarship funds to make it work!

1 Like

For high stats students it’s tough when Arizona, Utah and other Pac12 schools give so much more merit money for a similar product.

2 Likes

My son was just notified he was selected for first-year direct admission to the business major at Lundquist.

3 Likes

Any suggestions on what to do to in case of deferrals? :pray:

I don’t have anything specific. Maybe someone else will. All I can say is keep grades up and hold out hope if this is a top pick. According to the common data set, they don’t track expressed interest so I’m not sure there is any sway that way. I’d also be realistic and make sure there are other options just in case.

1 Like

whats the distinction / difference between waitlist and deferred? I

Deferred means that the EA applicant was deferred to the RD pool. Waitlist comes after RD. The applicant can choose to accept the offer to be placed on the waitlist and then they will be notified if a spot opens up. Waitlist spots can be opened quite close to when term starts.

1 Like

Here is an article I found that helps explain.

1 Like

That’s interesting because Oregon says they send business offers separately. We are anxiously awaiting direct admit to business but now I am wondering if it’s not coming if yours was in initial offer from Oregon?? Confusing process.

My son’s offer was separate, but he applied right before the EA deadline when they no doubt received a high volume of applications at once. I suspect he got the direct admit offer once they’d had a chance to more closely review his materials. Yours may still get good news.

We applied along time ago. Response time since they are rolling admissions, was much faster then since so few had applied. I think our entire turn around 2 weeks. I think the amount of applications started to get overwhelming and slow the turn around time down.

My son was accepted to U of O on 12/12 and I was anxiously waiting for further news about direct admit to business. I was worried it wasn’t going to happen but my son received the direct admit invite on 12/16!

2 Likes

Thank you!

Housing registration is open for admitted students.

Housing registration email
Received today…

Anyone know how hard it is to get freshman housing at U of O? We are just trying to decide whether to put down the housing deposit or wait. We are going up there at the end of January to check things out again and my daughter isn’t sure yet if she wants to be in the honors dorm or another dorm. I just don’t want to wait too long and not have much of a choice.