class rank for UM

<p>Ok, so right now my top choice is UM. I have noticed that class rank is very important. (top 10%)
The thing is I am top 18% and In 10th grade, I take a AP class and honors. Next year I'm taking 3 APS. My question is, is it still possible for top 10% or its to late. I'm working very hard and have been increasing my class rank every semester. right now I have about a 4.0 weighted and 3.4 unweighted. ( bringing these up)</p>

<p>Top 10% is certainly helpful but not a deal clincher/breaker, I know a number of people who were admitted who weren’t top 10%. That said, higher is obviously better. I’d worry less about rank and focus on grades, especially in the AP classes and trying to do well on the PSAT and SAT/ACT. My guess is you posted some "B"s in your AP classes so far, post some "A"s as a junior and I think you’ll be fine.</p>

<p>I have a good GPA, good SAT scores, and everything, but my class rank is top 17%. Higher level math has killed me. Im hoping that since my school is the most competitive public in Florida, they’ll take that into consideration</p>