Class registration

<p>Going to SOAR this weekend and have been looking at the available class website. My D has AP'd and tested her way out of many of the Freshman classes except for intro Engineering 160 which is mandatory for Eng students. Many of the classes she is qualified to take are pretty much filled by returning students.</p>

<p>I would think they would open up additional classes since there are numerous more SOAR sessions.</p>

<p>Is this true?</p>

<p>They won't "open up" classes, as in add more sections, some of the spots may show as taken because they're reserved for SOAR, I believe. Your best source of information will be the people at SOAR. BTW, I have no idea what "freshman classes" are, especially since even if the engineering dept has a list for those who need to start at square one most will be ahead in at least calculus, most test out of any composition reqs, and there are no core courses required of everyone at the university.</p>

<p>i heard through the facebook grapevine from people who have already been to SOAR that they do open up some classes later in the summer for students who go to SOAR later so that it isn't too hard to get into the beginning classes that are kind of common because they fulfill some of the requirements (like bio, psych, etc). by opening up classes i mean they open up another unit of the exact same class, just maybe at a different time</p>

<p>I believe the above is correct. They will open slots for classes in a wave-like fashion so that the students at the later SOAR dates aren't completely disadvantaged.</p>

<p>They open a few spots in some freshman-level classes throughout the summer, but you can also keep checking back and try to get into a section as the summer goes on. Additionally, numerous spots open up during the first week of classes when people get the syllabus and realize they don't want to take the class. I recommend getting into as many desirable classes as you can and leaving spots open to pick up classes the first week of class. I've done this and it's always worked out for me.</p>