Class Schedule Codes

<p>Does anyone know (or is it on the Purdue website) what some of the codes on the class schedule mean? For instance, a class with a J or a K next to it. Would that stand for a lab or something? For instance, ENGR 106J. Thanks!</p>

<p>once you get to the page with your class schedule, go to the bottom and click on "page help" or "page info", i don't remember the exact wording. It'll give you the meaning of some of the letters. If there's no letter, then it's a lecture. If there is a letter, it's either recitation, lab, or lab prep (i think engr 106 is the only freshman engr class with a lab prep). you can usually tell whether or not something is a lab by how long it is. If it's longer than an hour, it's probably a lab. and if you're still in doubt, then click directly on the period, and it'll say "recitation" or "lecture" or whatever near the top of the page.</p>

<p>j means recitation. i dont know what k means. recitation for engr 106 is basically the time when you meet with ta's and your in a class to get some hands-on experience w/ matlab, unix, etc... they usually give you some for m of a quiz and this is where you meet with your partners for different proejcts etc... recitation in other classes like math are a time when ta's usually go over homework ,or in chemistry where recitation is somewhat useless. recitations for engr are pretty long and consist of multi-step labs that are usually not graded but are good for hands-on stuff.</p>