Class schedule review ! Help Please . .

Hello! ! !

I am about to be a Sophomore mechanical engineer and due, to math placement reasons, I won’t be in my major next semester. And since I won’t be in my major and I’ve completed all my general and major technical electives this semester, I have virtually no classes to take that count for scholarship credit besides math and minor requirement courses. So instead I was looking into a minor or 2 so I could keep my scholarship hour requirement . I’ve met all my etam requirements except math so I need to think of what I will take next term. (anyone else ever been in this situation ? )

Presently I am taking 19 hours ( Engr 112(Engineering foundations), Math 151( Calculus 1), Chem 107 / Chem 117 (general Chemistry for engr), Hlth 236(Race, health, ethics), Engr 491(Research), Engr 385(Remote Internship)

I was considering taking 19 hours again next semester. However I don’t know if I’m biting off more then I can chew. Looking back on it, 112 is fine probably because I have a good teacher, and Hlth, 385, and 491 make it pretty much impossible to fail but I am overwhelmed with the amount of work they assign(especially 385) .

Right now I am thinking about a project management minor and possibly a game development minor for my mechanical engineering degree since I need one that ill take me a little while to complete . Right now here is what I have

(3 hr) Meen 225 - Does NOT count
(3 hr) Math 251 -
(2 hr) Isen 302 -
( 1 hr) Soms 481 -
( 3 hr) Engr 333 -
(3 hr) Eset 319 -

(3 hr) Vist 486 -Does NOT count (I could take this later if i wanted to )

After that semester, I should be taking 12 to 14 hours for the rest of college . So this is not the typical, super tough engineering schedule that you are used to seeing. However, all of these classes are for upper level students and I need approval for each one. Should I omit some classes? Or better yet, should I just accept my loss, give up my scholarships and take the classes sophomores are supposed to take ?

(3 hr) Meen 225
(3 hr) Math 251
(3 hr) Meen 222
(2 hr) Meen 210

For minors, it really depends on your career path after graduation.

At TAMU the most common minors for MechE are ECEN, Math, and maybe CompSci. Obviously business as well.

The normal progression for Math is 151 → 152 → 251 for MechE, can you explain about your 151 —> 251?

During dual credit I earned a D in Calc 1 but an A in Calc 2(since I took the clep exam to exempt calc 1) so only Calc 2 transfered @DoctorDraX

Take calc2 and a mix of classes toward one minor and toward your major. DO NOT give up on the scholarship.