Classes canceled

<p>If they had dining trays, those r the best!</p>

<p>ok I am OLD but went to school in the Pacific NW where back in the day snow was not normal…We too sledded in laundry baskets and stole trays from dining. My sorority had several members from Hawaii who had never seen snow…it was a magical moment for them and those of us who got to experience it with them! DD has been sending pics all day from sorority row.</p>

<p>[Alabama</a> football players, students engage in epic UA Quad snowball fight (photos, video) | al.com](<a href=“http://blog.al.com/tuscaloosa/2013/01/alabama_football_players_stude.html]Alabama”>Alabama football players, students engage in epic UA Quad snowball fight (photos, video) - al.com)</p>

<p>This same week 2 years ago we had a huge storm in Atlanta – we were out of school 5 days because the streets were awful. My 15 year old and his friend took our kayaks and raced them down our street. They were really hoping this storm would let them try it again but so far nothing here!</p>

<p>Thanks for the link, 2012Mom, what fun!</p>

<p>Here’s my favorite:</p>

<p>[Manti</a> Te’o’s girlfriend found on the University of Alabama campus after it snowed - Imgur](<a href=“http://imgur.com/YFBHY]Manti”>Manti Te'o's girlfriend found on the University of Alabama campus after it snowed - Imgur)</p>

<p>^^ I’m probably going to be very unpopular for saying this, but I wish people would leave Teo alone. There are obviously issues none of us knows and he’s still a child (I know, he’s 22, but those of us who have kids that age know 22 is not fully cooked yet).</p>

<p>Unfortunately, I believe that your wish will not come true for Manti. The dogs have been unleashed and the press will dig until they discover what they can. It’s looking pretty sordid at this point.</p>

<p>Back to the snow. We are from the Deep South, and son really did want to attend a college where he could see snow. Alas, he ended up in Alabama, but he has been blessed with snow TWICE in his college career. He is in his third year. He’s been having snowball fights all day and having a blast!</p>

<p>I’ve been scouring all the photos posted looking for my son or his friends in that snow with no luck so far. Oh well. He did text me - unasked - his own photo of the snow so I am happy with that.</p>

<p>I do find it amusing that there was more snow in Alabama today than there has been this entire winter in Chicago. As far as I’m concerned, it can stay in Bama!</p>

<p>^ Wow. Classmom. When we lived in Chicago it seemed like I was always scrapping off my car and using the snowblower. Lucky you.:)</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Class2012Mom, I have to say I agree with you on both fronts. If we don’t get a flake of snow all winter, I’ll be happy - it will have been worth putting my snow tires on to fend off the white stuff!</p>

<p>Id like to see the Teo issue dropped as well. I’m not really sure what happened, but victim or perpetrator, I think this young man deserves his privacy. Either way, he’s a 22 year old and we all make mistakes. I mean, he already chose the wrong school.:)</p>

<p>As for the snow, we don’t want it too often either.:)</p>

<p>It’s all fun until somebody puts an eye out- ha ha. Some of those weren’t snow balls they were snow boulders.</p>

<p>Couldn’t believe the amount of accidents I saw on @Spann 's twitter today. School buses sliding down hills, scary. I take for granted that roads will be salted.</p>