Classes

<p>What's the best source (website) of class information at Wisc?</p>

<p>I'm extremely familiar with the Wisc.edu website and course schedules, class descriptions, etc. I also have spent some time on ratemyprofessor. I am looking for a good source of insight on courses not professors. I am doing the traditional stuff (talking to other students, meeting advisors, trying to sit in on classes, etc.) </p>

<p>Maybe there's no quick and easy, but being able to jump on the web and read is much more convenient than asking 100 fellow students if they've taken Psch 210 or Stats 301 and if they're challenging courses. Asking about Spanish classes for keeping conversational skills up to par, without needing to major in Spanish. </p>

<p>While CC seems to be more focused on general school stuff and heavy on admissions, I'm looking for a similar site, frequented by many CURRENT students with threads on courses.</p>

<p>ratemyprof prob best. studyblue has class notes that may give u an idea. current students are in class, studying, partying so ur expecting too much.</p>

<p>If you’re looking for course descriptions and “official” information on classes, use department webpages. My student center works too.</p>

<p>I don’t think you’re looking for that. You can try asking in the facebook groups. I don’t know of any sites that do exactly what you’re looking for.</p>

<p>Also look at the textbooks used for courses. This info for the current semester is available on the University Bookstore website. You can also go in person to that bookstore and look at the materials.</p>

<p>Hey billy, I am a current freshman at UW-Madison so I’ve been through what you are going through right now. I also am in the process of being selected for a tour guide position at the VIP so for one, I can hook you up with a cool personal tour of the university (if I get he job). Second, what you should do is provide your e-mail because there is this volunteer program for students at the university dedicated to recruiting students such as yourself and just providing info on the university and whatnot. I’m not entirely familiar with this program so I’ll look into it for you. And I’ll try checking back in a couple days to see what you decide.</p>

<p>Best wishes!</p>

<p>Thanks for the tour offer. I am also a Freshman and know the campus well. My orginial question was to see if there was a website that I wasn’t aware of for current students to describe classes at Wisc.</p>