Classes

<p>I will be attending soar in a couple of days and was wondering if current students could give recommendations of teachers or professors to avoid in the science field? I'm going the chem/biochem route. </p>

<p>Also, I think it would be good to take a language, and was thinking either furthering my french studies or taking up latin. Is a foreign language a wise choice freshman year?</p>

<p>Don't you have to take a foreign language as part of the base reqs?</p>

<p>That's what I thought at least. I could definitely be wrong.</p>

<p>3 years of a HS foreign language satisfies the requirement.</p>

<p>I was aiming more towards which language would be beneficial. I was thinking of latin or arabic or something across those lines.</p>

<p>Check with advisors about science languages of greatest use today. In my day ('70's) they were recommending German, French and Russian- but times have changed. Now translations are easily available, we had no computer access in those days... I can't see where Latin would be worthwhile, even for medical school (remember there is as much Greek as Latin...). Taking a second foreign language is always worthwhile, it enriches your understanding of your own language to see how others are structured.</p>

<p>yea... latin won't be very useful... It's interesting, and it will help your vocab. But aside from that... I'd continue with French (retroactive credits!).</p>

<p>Instead of French consider branching out to another language, pick any you want to learn, consider it your fun class.</p>