Classification for Dining Purposes

My S is living in Lechner and after the fall semester is a sophomore by hours. Does anyone know if this now means we can choose from the U2 and above meal plan options? He would prefer fewer meals and more dining dollars but those are only available in the U2 and above on campus plans.

Thanks

Well, things have changed (each year, in fact) since my son was a freshman, but I do know that the TAMU DineOnCampus website does delineate different requirements for U1 and U2 classifications. According to the website,

“U1 Freshman students living on campus are required to choose one of the following plans each semester.” And, "Students classified as U1 freshmen living in on-campus residence halls are required to select any tier of the Old Army, Yell, Good Bull, or Non-Reg plans. "

And,

“Students living on campus classified as U2 and above are not required to select a Dining Plan but may choose to do so. Students living on campus classified as U2 and above may select a Resident Dining Plan or a Dining Plan designed for off campus students.”

Best of luck! :slight_smile:

Yes you can! I just did. I had 21 credits coming into college my first semester, and now have 35. I was able to purchase a U2 dining plan.

Thanks LLKTS27. I also just purchased a U2 plan for my son today. Seems the dining folks don’t have an issue.