Clemson Admissions-Class of 2026

My OOS daughter hasn’t been accepted yet but received an email encouraging her to apply for the Lyceum Scholars Program today. I’m
curious if this email was sent to all applicants?

yes - my brother received it and he wasn’t accepted yet

1 Like

My son has received multiple but hasn’t even applied to Clemson.

My son’s must be stuck somewhere in cyberspace… :joy:

My son was accepted yesterday. Clemson is his first choice. So very excited! He is in state, engineering, 1450 SAT, 98.45 GPA. Small private school. HS does not rank. Good luck to everyone waiting. My other son is a sophomore at Clemson. He had similar high stats and was accepted in mid-February. Lots of his friends had very high stats too and were accepted in February. So, hang in there everyone! Lots more acceptances are coming.

15 Likes

Correction: my son did receive one and he hasn’t been accepted yet

2 Likes

Any new admissions released recently? Wonder when they will start back releasing or if they have already?

5 Likes

I was wondering the same!

2 Likes

I just checked my daughter’s applicant tracking and it says - so I am guessing it will be mid-Feb. She went TO - she was on the low end of ACT average (undiagnosed ADHD, horrible test taker and completely scattered plot of scores across all subjects) but top % of her class of over 500, 4.0 UW, APs and honors, varsity sport, EC, work, etc… good essay and recommendations, it did require us to submit a reason why she went TO, which she did.

This and Boulder are her two final, well and UGA deferral from EA… she has been accepted all others - but we can’t make a decision until we know and $$… I wish schools did it all at the same time - so many of her friends already decided, have roommates and are planning for next year, she feels stuck.

Admissions Application Status: Awaiting Decision

This status means that your admissions file is complete and we can now review your application.

Decision Notification:
Mid-February

Anyone know anyone who has been denied, yet?

I haven’t heard of anyone

1 Like

They have never sent early denials, only early acceptances for some select high-stat applicants. Bridge program, summer start, spring start and denials all come out mid-February.

2 Likes

Is UT tennessee or texas? Are you in-state?

Texan here…. UT is University of Texas. :cowboy_hat_face:

But then again, Tennessee may feel the same! :joy:

2 Likes

For the in state, Palmetto Fellows, does Clemson ever give sizable scholarships above the lottery money? A lot of posts mention 8-12k scholarships but those seem only for the OOS applicants. Anyone have a PF student at Clemson who got additional decent scholarship $ ?

I’ve heard of something called the Palmetto Packs or something that Clemson does sometimes. The most I’ve ever heard anyone received was around $6k. But that is only anecdotally from talking with other parents and one of the guidance counselors. Talk all this with a grain of salt, I looked thru last years thread and couldn’t find much info for in-state students. Apparently this site is popular with OOS students.

2 Likes

For SC residents Clemson does not give much above the state scholarships. They seem to rely on Palmetto Fellows or Life to do their heavy lifting on funds. Maybe a few thousand here and there, but not much and those are not all guaranteed for 4 years. Clemson has some incentive funds for URMs, but even those funds are not plentiful.

USC and CoC are much more generous instate to top students. Clemson figures they do not have to offer that much as they have more than enough interest.

One issue to remember, the STEM majors struggle to maintain the GPA needed to keep Palmetto Fellows level each year. So students/families end up taking more loans than expected. Some out of state or private school financial aid packages with merit and need (depending on EFC) can be a better deal.

3 Likes

Does Clemson base admissions on just grades from 9-11 or do they require/consider first semester grades from senior year? Unfortunately, S has been on a bit of a downward trend this year.