Clemson Admissions-Class of 2026

Has anyone that is test optional heard?

1 Like

Acquaintance of daughter heard last week. Test optional from CA. Unknown major or GPA (but probably low 4ā€™s with a mix of AP/honors).

i got in on december 6th out of state

gpa: 101.8547, ib diploma candidate, sat score: 1410, major: computer science

clarkson university leadership award + 4 honor society acceptances

head counselor at summer camp, art selling business owner, student government 4 years, robotics club programmer, line cook at deli, deca w numerous awards, etc.

if u have other questions or want to know more let me know! i donā€™t think i will be attending as idk abt scholarships and received much more substantial ones from other universities, however, i did love it here and i hope u get in!!

1 Like

Yes, D22 OOS was accepted back in November into Engineering. GPA uw 4.0 and ACT 33. Mutl-Sport varsity athlete and Math Honor Society President. 4 year student in HS Engineering Academy with scholar award.

S22 OOS admitted back in November as Engineering major with notation of scholarship information coming in early 2022 (not sure exactly how it was worded). 34 ACT (SS), 4.25 UW GPA (4.5scale), 4APs completed with 2 5ā€™s and 2 4ā€™s, enrolled in 4 more APs. Multi-sport V athlete, editor on lit magazine, NHS, clubs, work, etcā€¦ From what I have seen on CC the scholarship is likely somewhere around $10k based on the past few years. We will seeā€¦

Anyone hear regarding national scholars program? I know the website says notifications are today, but I saw a post that someone received their invitation to the interview weekend about a week ago.

Does anyone know what time of day they release decisions on the 15th? Like will the kids be at school or is it late afternoon or night? Just was curious lol

i read somewhere that clemson only admits 20 sport communication majors. is that true? seems so little

Last year decisions came out on February 15 at exactly 6pm eastern.

3 Likes

Thank you hopefully they do the same this year

I was told by someone in admissions it is around 20 kids per year. Itā€™s one of Clemsonā€™s capped majors and is one of the more difficult ones to get accepted into.

Itā€™s also a major that many of the recruited athletes choose so they take up a lot of the available spots.

I received my invitation January 13!

1 Like

Congratulations and good luck!

My daughter has Palmetto Fellows and her Palmetto Pact Scholarship was $1500. Her Honors College fee is $500 a semester though so itā€™s pretty much a wash. In contrast CofC offered an extra $4000 and UofSC offered an extra $7000. I do agree with the other comment that it can be hard for STEM majors to keep the state scholarships. Many classes only have a few grades and thereā€™s absolutely no padding of grades. The chemistry department is pretty notorious at Clemson for failing kids. There are tutoring businesses just for Clemson chemistry courses. Thereā€™s a heavy amount of weeding kids out freshman year from what I can tell.

2 Likes

$1500 is pretty light, especially after paying for Honors. I know tuition has gone up all across the country but itā€™s pretty crappy how Clemson just adjusts tuition up to match the lottery scholarships and then donā€™t give anything additional. It pretty much ends up Clemson not helping out at all. I attended a different stateā€™s school and remember kids from other states coming because it was more affordable than their in-state schools. Looks like not much has changed. Short of the National Scholars Program, which is almost impossible to get, what does Clemson offer to offset costs? Nothing? And to add insult to injury, if they donā€™t keep their grades up for the lottery scholarship they lose that too? Very disappointing.

2 Likes

How does that compare to Communication? I put Sport Communication as my first choice but my backup is Communication. Iā€™m really hoping to get in as this is one of my top schools.

The top scholarship for OOS students is only $12,000, Clemson gives a lot less merit to OOS students than many others, my daughter couldā€™ve attended many northeast universities for a lot less. Our top in state schools give VERY little to a handful of in state students. My 20 year old gets $17,000 from UDel, my similar stats 18 year old gets $8000 from Clemson, which still comes out to over $40,000 a year.

3 Likes

@tigerwife92 posted this back in November ā€˜21 as she had been told these were the capped majors for the previous year. Not sure about this year.

For the 2021/2022 school year, Communication, Construction Science & Management, Health Science, Language and International Health, Nursing, and Sports Communication were ā€œclosedā€ majors, meaning #s are capped for admissions.

1 Like

The state of SC hasnā€™t fully funded public education since 2006. We have high in state tuition rates compared to nearby states because of this lack of funding. And yes, the lottery scholarships are used to bring our tuition to a more ā€œreasonableā€ amount, not to really provide a lot of relief. Not to mention the tuition listed isnā€™t what you pay. My daughterā€™s major, like many others, has a $1000 extra fee per semester. So many feesā€¦

4 Likes