Clemson Admissions-Class of 2026

My daughter did.

1 Like

You never know and it depends on the major selected. Kids in SC used to select the most obscure majors to get in. Things may have changed.

no idea where my son is at.

He had 7 APs (Calc AB, Calc BC, Physics 1, Physics C, English Lit, Computer Science A, World History), 2 PLTW classes (intro to engineering, engineering design where his EOC scored distinct), 15 Honor classes.

He swam up to 20 hours a week with the #1 swim team in the country (made it to the finals of the Tarheel States Championships).

We was also accepted into a NASA aerospace camp between his 9th and 10th grade.

He has a 3.81 UW, 4.39 W GPA. Sat scores ( 760 math, 620 english). We are OOS (North Carolina).

He was deferred from NC State (we live in Wake County which is equivalent to applying OOS).

His first choice is computer science. His second choice is physics.

We personally prefer Clemson over NC state. It comes down to who will accept him and how much aid he will get.

It seems like colleges have gotten so much more competitive compared to when I applied.

1 Like

Great Stats! Good luck!

2 Likes

Just got text that first wave went out just now so it’s happening

2 Likes

Anyone actually submit test scores? Seems most went TO. Wonder how that affects kids that did decent and submitted , but aren’t considered “high stat”.

1 Like

True! I am guessing that anything Engineering, Nursing, or dealing with computers are very competitive majors country-wide!!

is a 29 act competitive

DD OOS did not submit test scores.

Just got text that first wave went out just now so it’s happening Good luck

Nothing for me.

I wish you all luck. All the stats, passion, and hard work will pay off
even if you do not get admitted. I am sure you all will have great careers.

3 Likes

During school hours? I thought they waited until school was out-

2 Likes

DD submitted ACT of 30 and has 4.1 GPA three APs honors Varsity athlete number of ECs. Curious how this will play out for her. Applied to business

Her brother applied in 2020 for business. 3.5 GPA, 30 act, No Aps, honors Spanish, good ECs, part time jobs, etc. He got waitlisted and then accepted for a January start. He’s in the Kelley school at IU but for those with similar stats that really want to go to Clemson don’t give up!

1 Like

Who did you get a text from? Surprised it would be during school hours

1 Like

thank you. You too!

I have a daughter who goes to Clemson and another waiting on decision. She loves it there. We also are contemplating Clemson or NC State (except for if she gets into a reach school RD). We live in SC and know NC State gives little if any. Clemson is also very low in aid sadly for OOS. When I look at your son’s scores I would bet he gets accepted. I think NC State deferred a ton of kids that will get in RD. Good luck. Your son has clearly worked super hard.

1 Like

thank you! We couldn’t believe he was deferred. He actually made it to the cover of the NC technician (which is the school newspaper)
for his volunteer work for cancer research at NC State.

However honestly Clemson has such great strengths that people don’t know about.

Yes

We submitted test scores. It remains to be seen whether that was a good decision or not