Clemson Admissions-Class of 2026

I love it. They should just let us work it out! Congrats to your daughter on her Clemson admission!

and to yours on UW :star_struck:

1 Like

I believe it comes down to Outstanding student applicants" with amazing stats, who provided ESSAYS that speak to the heart of their application! ā€œCan you tell me who you are?ā€

2 Likes

OOS. Accepted to engineering with 4.0 UW/4.5x W. >8 AP or honors, SAT 1510, varsity sports, debate team, some leadership roles, etc The acceptance letter mentioned about ā€œacademic scholarshipā€ to be communicated in March 2022. Not sure about the details yet.

What makes Clemson appealing to my son is its Lyceum Scholars program, still waiting on that. Anyone has been contacted for interview yet?

1 Like

Canā€™t figure it out. Both of my boys were accepted to Clemson but one deferred and one denied to UW-Madison. OOS to both schools.

Daughter was deferred from UW Madison as well

Two of my daughters classmates got in, one with lower stats and no sports. All TO. All undeclared except that my daughters first choice was communications. My daughter was uw 3.8. 5 math classes. Captain of two varsity sports. Lots of volunteer work. Part time job. All in the same classes accept my DD took an extra math course so was ahead.

I can accept that she was waitlisted, I just donā€™t understand what the other girl had that she didnā€™t. Sheā€™s nothing in comparison on paper.

Communications is a closed major at Clemson, so admissions is limited and capped. What did she list as her 2nd choice major?

1 Like

Congratulations! My business major had the same gpa, higher test scores, OOS $8000. I think she applied pretty late if that makes a difference. I think $12,000 is the highest. She was 10th in her class of 300.

2 Likes

I think they only take about 20 communication majors.

DD accepted for Summer Start.
In state
3.87 UW
1190 SAT
4 APs
Microbiology major
She went to high school at the University of NC School of the Arts for 4 years as a classical ballet major. Decided not to pursue dance career.
Just wanted to share to show not only super high stat kids got in. Not thrilled to do summer start. If itā€™s to prepare kids for college, she has been doing that living away from home for 4 years. Not sure why they didnā€™t take that into consideration. Maybe it was test scores? She is leaning toward USC if she gets accepted to their honors college.

1 Like

On your portal page, there is a tab - Request Change of Term.

1 Like

Undeclared. The other two got in undeclared.

They were comparing her to other Communications majors - Clemson Admissions is heavily major dependent.

2 Likes

My daughter was waitlisted. Her HS resume reads like a how to get into college. She was excepted into UNC Chapel Hill. SAT high, number 2 in her class ranking and a friend with a much I mean much lower gpa was excepted. Daughter put biology as her intended major her friend put computer science. We are also out of state so not sure if that had something to do with the decision or not. Shes a little disappointed because Clemson was her first choice over UNC.

2 Likes

Yes. Meet the essay prompt and donā€™t just copy & past the same essay.

Reveal something about yourself, and if it is the care for the tiny earthworm frying on the hot concrete in the sun. If it is an event, reflect on it. Your feelings, your lesson learned how it affected changes going forward.

2 Likes

I thought that was sports communications.

yield protection

1 Like

Yes! Yes!! Make the reader/Reviewer say WOW! Dang! and Definitely! Donā€™t be the standard, Be the Exception!!!

2 Likes

Then why not admit her undeclared since the letter says sheā€™s qualified for admission. I guess if it made logical sense to me, Iā€™d be more at peace with it, but they could have just said no to communication and yes to the second choice being that the other girl has nothing on her. Very disappointing. Ugh.