Part-time job, clubs, etc

Waiting on UGA now!

1 Like

Accepted OOS business/economics maker.

But no merit.

So unsure if will attend.
Other offers include merit.

1 Like

That was Covid. Lots of gap years and schools took way more off the waitlist than normal. What did they take last year.

@Mjkacmom congrats on your daughter’s acceptance! Was her merit number included in her letter? My daughter was accepted in an earlier round when merit, I guess, hadn’t been determined yet by the state of SC, so they said the number would be sent through later. Am wondering if I should ask her to look for it now. Thanks!

1 Like

6 off of waitlist

1 Like

Yes, I think yield protection is a factor in admissions offices at competitive universities. There are many more qualified applicants than available seats so they have to carefully choose who gets an acceptance
 which may mean denying some “over” qualified applicants who they strongly feel will go elsewhere anyway. Can’t prove this but it does make sense. Congrats on UNC! But if Clemson is her top choice, and she is so qualified, she should write a letter to her AC expressing her desire to attend. Admissions may just think Clemson is more of a safety school for her so they didn’t want to “waste” the acceptance. It’s worth a try and she may come off that waitlist first! Good luck to her wherever she ends up.

3 Likes
Summary

This text will be hidden

My OOS son got accepted to Clemson, and my older son OOS goes to UW Madison. Comparing the two schools is like comparing apples to oranges! Both are amazing but so different! Can you guess we are from NJ, haha!

2 Likes

Makes sense. My son was on two waitlists last year with similar results.

I copied from Clemson, here are all the closed majors

Architecture
Biological Sciences (BA and BS)
Business
Communication
Construction Science and Management
Graphic Communications
Health Science
Landscape Architecture
Language and International Health (can select, departmental approval needed)
Nursing
Performing Arts (can select, departmental approval needed)
Psychology (BA and BS)
Sociology (BA and BS) (unavailable for spring only)
Sports Communication

Thank you! Still don’t know why they didn’t just let her in undeclared then she’s nice it was marked as second choice.

2 Likes

Agree, that is odd

My DD’s first was Landscape Arch - which she got, 2nd was communications

You would think they would have given undecided

1 Like

Waitlist letter literally says she’s qualified. Just perplexed

1 Like

My S22 also rejected with a little lower SAT but high GPA & course rigor, varsity & club soccer, Senior Class VP, NHS. We are from NJ. Very surprised as he was admitted to Penn State, UMD, UDel, Ohio State, Purdue, Rutgers, NC State. He applied to quite a few due to the unpredictability this year. Best of luck to those admitted!

2 Likes

That makes litle sense to me. Some of those schools are more selective (or so I thought) than Clemson. Its all a bit strange this year it seems.

2 Likes

NC State is for sure for OOS

We are going to attend an admitted students day at NC State because a warmer state school is still intriguing to him!

I’ve been following Clemson Admissions threads on this site for four years now and it is always strange. There are always tons of students/stats that don’t seem to make sense!

8000 per year or total?

If anyone has first hand experiences or know a lot about the bridge program PLEASE feel free to share!! I would love all the info I can get

2 Likes