Clemson Admissions-Class of 2026

A year.

1 Like

Thought I share what I just heardā€¦Clemson received 37,000 (+/-) OOS applications.

5 Likes

yes i heard that too, im just shocked at how many high stat kids they waitlisted. itā€™s such a big university that they probably couldā€™ve taken more :woman_shrugging:t3:

thank you!

My OOS son accepted yesterday, 1510 SAT, 3.8UW GPA, small NE private school

3 Likes

https://www.tctc.edu/programs/other-learning-experiences/bridge-to-clemson/

Many kids go through Bridge. A few years ago the dorms were off campus so some declined to go Bridge. Now they live on campus so it is very integrated. If a student wants to go to Clemson and gets Bridge offer, they should not wait to accept it. The spots are filled up quickly and poof, that option is gone.

1 Like

What does a closed major mean?

1 Like

Has anyone gotten updates regarding the Honors College? My daughters portal changed today. It originally had said Awaiting Decision that would be made by Feb. 15 and it has now been changed to Apr. 1. Has anyone else noticed this change?

Yes.

Same for my daughter. Honors college decision date changed to April 1

We just checked. Still says feb 15. In state

1 Like

I was unable to get a campus tour despite trying for months so I knew it would be a competitive year.

I know someone who got into UMD with a 630 SAT (combined score!) who obviously went test optional. Insane.

1 Like

Someone on the 2026 parents Facebook page said she talked to admissions and there were 50k applicants this year. I know my sonā€™s small HS In New England had 33 of 190 students apply which was 10 more kids than last year. Also saw on the Facebook page that kids who got into Summer Start were randomly selected. It was not based on stats at all. My guess is that it was ā€œrandomā€ but only for those applicants that were full pay.

2 Likes

We are full pay. Still waitlisted with friends with lower stats got in. Weird.

oh tell me more. my daughter loved wisco. we havenā€™t seen Clemson yet but will get there soon.

A little off topic, but my older daughter is a sophomore majoring in Neuroscience at Pitt and loves itā€¦Very different atmospheres between Pitt and JMU and both are great schools so after visiting both, Iā€™m sure your daughter will know what will be her best fit very quickly. Best of luck to your daughter.

1 Like

Where did you find that list? When we toured last August we were told that Graph Comm was not closed. Iā€™ve never seen it on a closed list. My daughter actually changed her first choice major to that after the tour - seeing that now I feel lucky she got in!

What does it mean when a major is ā€œcappedā€ or ā€œclosedā€?