Clemson Admissions-Class of 2026

Here is CDS report for relative importance to Clemson; this was the HS class of 2020. I would assume this was adjusted slightly with T/O, but we’ll need to wait for 2021’s CDS report to see by how much:

1 Like

Yes a school will list the importance of demonstrated interest on common data set. That will be true (I.e. “not considered”) for a portion of incredible students. Think Nov offers for Clemson.

My point is with 45k+ applications as they work through the remainder of the lists….engagement data can factor in vs if a S is seeing if they can get in or if there’s a tight distribution in stats

It’s easy controllable details on the emails and zooms so why not do that for the top 3.

Some parents are upset, confused and hurt for their kids. I do not see a problem with discussing and comparing stats.

2 Likes

I believe it is sport coms, not graphic, that is closed. Unless something changed

Update: I’m wrong! Portal says other wise, must have been a past year thing

Given what Clemson says it considers, how does someone with 200 points lower SAT get admitted over someone else in the same major with similar class rigor and grades? Extracurricular activities and talent/ability (athlete)?

2 Likes

Extracurricular activities, essay, letters of recommendation. I think all of those factor in. We’ve had some major surprise deferrals (no rejections YET, but I’m sure they’re coming) during this admissions cycle. Not sure why, we’ll never know what they were thinking. I’m trying to focus on the positives of the places he did get accepted.

5 Likes

School profile is heavily weighted and the standardized test score is just one factor - not the deciding one by any means. I’ve been following this thread for four years and I’ve seen kids get waitlisted, bridged, and even declined with excellent scores.

2 Likes

Must be new - graph comm has never been closed before (at least in the last four years.) I know someone who changed their major to graph comm immediately after being accepted just last year.

Maybe Compelling ESSAYS?

6 Likes

agreed it makes no sense

Continuing the discussion from Clemson Admissions-Class of 2026:

Started a ‘Clemson 2022 (2026) Waitlisted’ thread for folks navigating that the next few months.

2 Likes

In the portal, it looks like Honor College now says “decided”. Do they send an email with the decision and not list it in the portal?

I just logged on and saw the same for my son. He never got the email on regular admissions, only saw it in the portal. Let us know if you get an email please.

Could decided mean no? Everything changed on the portal for all of the regular admission and nothing but decided for honors?

Thanks and good luck!

1 Like

Yes, I will let you know if we hear anything more!

My son’s Honor College changed to decided also. No email yet though.

My portal also said decided for honors but just changed back to awaiting decision. Anyone else?

S’s also changed to “decided”, but just now changed back to “awaiting decision”. S has not received any email about this.

My son’s changed back to Awaiting Decision too.

Same here. No other communications.