Clemson Admissions-Class of 2026

Son rec’d acceptance email last week for Business. Had a great visit there recently, so Clemson is in his Top 3 right now. OOS, so we’ll wait to see what the Merit aid looks like in March. He wasn’t sure about Honors College, but may change his mind and apply at the later deadline in Feb.

Would you mind sharing stats?

1 Like

4.3 GPA, 10 APs, ACT 35

Thanks for sharing. Congrats of his acceptance!

My daughter was accepted last week for engineering!
OOS
35 ACT
4.0 UW/ 4.609 W
14 AP classes
5 out of 575

1 Like

anyone look up admitted student portal? my brother looked it up and clicked on the admitted student portal link- it brought him to his applicant portal. anyone else?

Yeah, same for my son. I honestly dont think it means anything in particular. Is this the first time he clicked on it?

I think so - he just told me. I guess he heard some admissions decisions were coming out. I think in the past they had a CUID. He only has a “reference #”

It’s disappointing to know that the max merit scholarship is only 11K/year. Can’t justify attending for 45K/year.

wow…really? I’m guessing no financial aid or grants to out of state?

1 Like

In some cases isn’t in state tuition rate also offered for OOS?

When I called back in august, they said they dont offer tuition waivers for OOS.

1 Like

is a tuition waiver the same as financial aid or a grant?

I believe they determine the merit scholarships chart in January. It varies every year. Previous years have ranged from 12k-20k

I think they did in the past but no longer.

How do you know what the maximum scholarship is? It varies every year. I don’t think Clemson has announced anything yet. Or am I missing something?

I thought I read in years past high stat kids were offered IS with their merit aid

Not for many years: top merit for the last few years was:
2021- $11k, 2020 - $12k, 2019- $20k (note, this was an outlier), 2018 - $15k. There are some smaller add-ons for departmental and NMF which could add an additional $1-2k to the award. The NPC is usually pretty accurate and gets the final update in January after the state budget is finalized. I don’t forsee Clemson offering the $20k merit award again, which got the COA down closer to in-state rates. Most kids move off campus sophomore year which can reduce costs by $4-5k, depending on the location of the apartment complex. Clemson is very generous with AP/DE credits.

https://netprice.app.clemson.edu/calc/

Clemson did accept all of my daughter’s 4’s and 5’s, maybe even a 3. She got $8000 OOS, one of the lowest merit awards she was offered. She’s so happy there, she’s the first person from our high school who’s even attended.

3 Likes