Clemson Admissions-Class of 2026

how did you hear?? do you know what time?

Daughter’s friend email had said april 1st. Don’t have any other info. Friend says portal is down right now

Ok lmk when you get a response

What did you appeal?

Does anyone have an idea what the bathrooms are like in the RISE llc? I know they are hall bathrooms just wondering exactly what the set up is. Can’t find any pictures. Guessing probably not very good.

They are traditional community bathrooms. We got a brochure in the mail today from Housing & Dining that had a photo, although you couldn’t see much. Just doors and curtains leading to toilets and showers. Think of it like an airport bathroom, but with shower stalls also.

Yes, we go the brochure too but definitely not a good picture of it. Just curious about it from maybe some who has had kids in that dorm. I have a sister who stayed in Manning in 1986. Guessing it probably hasn’t been updated since then. Thanks for the info!

Nope - I was in it last summer and it is EXACTLY the same as it was in the 80’s! I’m sure the tile has been replaced, but that’s about it.

Lovely. I’ll prepare my son to have low expectations. Thanks for the information!

My son lived in RISE Byrnes last year. The bathrooms are exactly the same as they were in the 80s! My son thought they were just fine. No problems just not fancy. I lived in Byrnes my freshman year in 1986. The rooms and bathrooms have not changed at all. Overall, my son loved living there and met lots of other students in his engineering classes. He met his roommates for his apartment for Sophomore year while living in Byrnes.

Good to know! I’ve heard many great things about it for Engineering students which my son is so hopefully it will be a good fit. Byrnes looks a little nicer in pictures I’ve seen on Instagram vs Lever. Is that true or are they both even par with each other?

Definitely. My daughter applied to start in the summer this year so she will have to live in Lever before she gets her fall dorm. I figure it will be good experience for her! Although the first thing I did buy her was a pair of shower shoes!

Congratulations on your daughter going to Clemson! Can you tell me more about her applying to start in the summer? I didn’t know that you could apply to start in the summer? I thought some students were offered summer admission instead of fall admission.

When she applied, there were three choices for Admission - Fall, Summer or Spring. She applied using the Clemson application, not the Common App. She chose summer and was admitted just as a first year student, not part of the Summer Start program. She wanted to get a couple of classes out of the way so she could take a lighter load during the fall and also get acclimated to the campus and college life before everyone showed up in the fall and things got crazy.

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed reply. My daughter also applied using the Clemson application not the common app. I didn’t complete it with her and she doesn’t remember seeing that option but she may have missed it. She may have chosen it had she seen it. She is waitlisted so fingers crossed she is taken off the waitlist!

1 Like

Well good luck to her! Hopefully after May 1st some spots will open up. It was recommended to us that if my daughter was willing to start in the summer, then it would increase her chances of being accepted. It’s gotten so hard to get in from out-of-state that she did everything she could!

For readers in future years:
In-State
Biochem major
Honors College

SC Palmetto Fellows -$6,500
Clemson Palmetto Pact - $1,500
Maggi McCrorey Memorial Scholarship- $1,000

Stats: 31 [ACT] /1340 [SAT]
GPA 5.0 weighted/4.0 unweighted
Top 6% at very competitive high school
5 AP courses (scores of 4 and 5 for the four completed) plus dual enrollments.
Moderate extra-curriculars.

As other contributors mentioned in threads in previous years, scores aren’t everything when it comes to Clemson Honors College. I believe my daughter’s essay writing set her apart.

My daughter’s second choice was College of Charleston, where she received significantly more in scholarships, and was admitted to their Honors College.

Ultimately, realizing what a wonderful opportunity she had a Clemson she committed earlier this month shortly after scholarships were awarded.

Congratulations to all those whose children were accepted.

Below is from the college counselor we have been working with and I thought it worth sharing:
Where you go is not who you are! This has been the MOST competitive year for admission in history- fueled by panicking seniors applying to more schools, colleges waiving SAT/ACT dates, and a huge spike in international students.

Please remember! You’re identity is not tied to the judgement call some stranger made by looking for 10 minutes at a list of what you did from ages of 14-17!

Take time to revisit your best college options, pick the best one for you, put in your deposit and jump into getting to know other incoming freshmen. You can thrive and shine wherever you are!

And- if you desire to transfer later in the process, it will hopefully happen at a more sane time in our culture and history.

3 Likes

Well said. Just could not justify the more than $10k difference between Clemson and UGA, JMU, or USoC.

Does anyone know what time of day Clemson released decisions last year? Thanks!

It was 5pm EST. I remember sitting and waiting for it :slight_smile: