Clemson Admissions-Class of 2026

Son sent in application about a week and a half ago and received acceptance yesterday. Completely surprised by the quick turnaround.

7 Likes

Congratulations! That is fabulous.

do you mind sharing his major and stats?

Yep. Both my sons are at in state schools with free tuition (Ga Tech and UGA). The oldest got 20k in 2019 from Clemson. My 2021 grad got 12.5k. That was the max merit both years. Hard to compete with free though. Back in 2019, the merit scholarship at Clemson brought it down to in-state levels but now that doesn’t happen.

That being said, they chose based on school and not cost so it really wouldn’t have mattered.

I don’t think people choose Clemson for the merit.

1 Like

4.44 GPA, 750 English, 760 Math SAT, 6 AP’s, rest all Honors classes

1 Like

congratulations!!!

Common denominator for this first wave seems to be SAT of >=1480 or ACT equivalent. High GPA, class rigor, class rank appear to be secondary.

3 Likes

my brother 1380 - probably will have to wait until the end?

Well, this appears to be the case so far, as time goes on through December they may lower the cut off but, at some point, they will announce the rest in Feb.

1 Like

My son has a 1520 SAT, 7 APs and tons of honors, 4.15 GPA.

He hasn’t heard yet.

3 Likes

What is he looking to major in? My DD applied in September to the business school and hasn’t heard back yet; 4.1 GPA, solid essays, good EC’s. I only saw one acceptance to business on this thread.

Business

That’s interesting. Maybe a bunch of business will go out at the same time?

Hi!

I applied for Clemson 8/23 for Computer Information Systems and the honors college 9/13. I have a 4.0 unweighted GPA and a 1510 SAT. Good essays and EC’s. I am also a National Hispanic Recognition Scholar. I was wondering when I might hear back from them.

My daughter is also waiting to hear for business.

Anyone hear from Graphic Communication

I think this is really true for all waves. Both my sons got max merit with a 35 ACT. My 2021 son was one of 2 kids in his class who got merit from Clemson even though a couple who got in were slightly higher ranked and got nothing. He and the other person with merit had higher test scores.

3 Likes

Do you think there will be more decisions tomorrow?

1 Like

My daughter heard today! OOS with test score. I believe she got an email to check her portal about 3:00 EST.
Hope others get news too!! :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Can those who are admitted share stats and major? Thanks

2 Likes

would you mind sharing stats