Clemson Class of 2024

Agree. @fearless65

Are we sure they changed/updated the hack? Did someone call and ask? Really, how do you know??

The results you see may really be authentic.

@Lacole03 It is an assumption that it is fixed because everyone is getting the same message. There is no one (so far) that says that the hack doesnā€™t give them anything but the ā€œdoes not match the activation token on recordā€ message. Guessing Clemson fixed it so no matter who enters their CUID they get this message so there is no telling who is in or out until you get your actual activation token.

Iā€™m hoping itā€™s authentic. Just waiting for someone to say that thereā€™s hasnā€™t changed yet to confirm.

Yes, the results from the hack could be authentic. If your hack changed and you want to believe it to be true, I donā€™t want to take that joy away from you. I am more of a realist and from the last two pages, it seems that many kids had their hack message change and since they fixed the 2nd hack, maybe (please note, I have no confirmation at all) they fixed the 1st hack. Maybe we all got in, and maybe some of us didnā€™t, but Iā€™m not calling Clemson Admissions to ask if they fixed the hack.

Does anyone know when theyā€™re sending out acceptances

OMG why would someone call and askā€¦ I mean what would you expect them to say ā€¦ oh yea the hack your not supposed to know about works go for it.

They will say - letter will be mailed by 15th ā€¦ thats what they will say to any inquiries.

Right now we donā€™t know if the hack is still working until someone uses it and doesnā€™t get the ā€œtoken doesnā€™t match messageā€. The only people reporting right now are getting the ā€œtoken doesnā€™t matchā€ so people are wondering if they fixed the hack (because for some unknown reason people feel the urge to call admissions like they are going to help them with). uggggā€¦

If you look at acceptance letters being sent last year - people received them over a large period of time. You could get a letter next week ā€¦ you could get a letter going on the 16th-17th of February. It seemed last year the letters went out over weeks of time and the time to receive fluctuated wildly (even for people within same state or area). There is really no predicting when you could get a letter. Acceptance letters appeared to go out in a lot of cases earlier then rejection letters.

@cbl1
In NO WAY was i serious when i mentioned if anyone calledā€¦i think it is completely crazy that anyone called yesterday! My comment was intended to mean that no one really knows what the hack changes mean today unless of course they tried callingā€¦

As I have mentioned MANY timesā€¦the letter will be a yes or no. This hack means nothing.

ok Lacole03 - your not crazy thx!

Maybe if this forum bothers the admissions office enough, Clemson will join the 21st century and create an online admissions portal like every other college out there. Really annoying that they have nothing available for this, especially since Calhoun Honors College has one. For us frantic parents worried that our High School was actually sending the information inā€¦waiting for an email to tell us they had everything was insane for me. Not sure if others felt the same way, but now that its 2020, maybe Clemson could have an admissions portal??? Maybe???

I was really excited to see my hack change. But it has changed for everyone at my school and even lower stat applicants. So that convinces me it is no longer working. Done with the hack and letā€™s wait until the snail mail comes.

It is pretty crazy it is by mail and kids that know each other can get acceptance letters weeks apart. If its a kids first choice - seeing others get accepted and still waiting by the mailbox everyday would be horrible experience. For a round of admission everyone should be told the same day.

My brother works in Info Tech (IT) at Dartmouth specifically in admissions. He does this exact type of programming. Unfortunately for all of us, he said if Clemson is aware of HACK and getting calls it is very easy for their programmer to go and change it. Basically when an erroneous activation number is plugged in the same message will appear for everyone. I wish everyone whose message changed meant good news, but it unfortunately just means they most likely had their programmer quickly fixed it. My daughter is in same boat as everyone so I feel your angst and annoyance with this old fashioned snail mail!

Do yā€™all think there will be any repercussions for anyone who tried the hack now that they know?

@fearless65 no

Tell your brother that I LOVE Dartmouthā€™s admissions portal. His team has a really nice site. My son has his application in at Dartmouth, as well, although itā€™s certainly a stretch for him.

ā€œand Iā€™m not calling Clemson Admissions to ask if they fixed the hackā€, I was being facetious.

Gosh, what are we going to talk about now???

We can certainly discuss something other than the hack, although the majority of conversation surrounding this thread has been regarding the hack and speculation about its legitimacy. Why did everyone, or for parents, your student, apply to Clemson?

Great point @drewh02 Someone clearly screwed up and notified admissions or someone from admissions found out. Someone ended the ā€œhackā€ for the rest of us because of their lack of thorough thought. However, at the end of the day, it does not matter. We will all get decisions at some point regardless.