Clemson Class of 2024

My daughter just received her acceptance in the mail today. She was originally waitlisted.

For those of you getting accepted off of waitlist can you share your stats and where you are from (if OOS)

@somalley and @mathgeek1414 my D was waitlisted too and Clemson is her #1 choice. . Just wondering if your students emailed / called admissions to reiterate interest. Also, are you OOS? if so, where?

Clemson is my first choice too and wondering the same thing. Iā€™m in Florida so I wondering if they are doing it by state/region considering most people who have commented saying they got off the waitlist are from MA

Just got accepted today from waitlist. OOS -FL
Business
4.5/1320

@waitinggame1 : D did not contact admissions or send any interest info. We had pretty much moved on and put Clemson in the NO pile. Now have huge decision on passing up significant scholarship $$ from U DE or going to dream school without any $. Clemson is super far ( 10 hrs) away from us here in PA . She is happy though, these are good problems to have!
Stats:
1320 SAT, 3.94 GPA
3 year Varsity starter, NHS, many community service projects and clubs.

My son was accepted off waitlist for Fall 2020. Package arrived today. He did not send a letter or contact CU admissions in any way. He clicked the box to accept the waitlist spot and that was it. He had moved on in his mind and was deciding between two other schools. Not sure what heā€™ll decide nowā€¦
1320 SAT, 4.1 GPA
OOS- VA

Congratulations to all that were accepted off the waitlist! I wonder how many they are accepting & how many have already said no? I do have at Future Tiger Day they mentioned they accepted more students this year, just curious now what the new number will be?

Also curious, this taken off waitlistā€¦ What is you major?

Damn iā€™m OOS from NY- Graphic Communication major and iā€™ve sent five emails to two admissions counselors and the CU Admissions email. This seems to be getting interesting

@jakem01 I feel you. ?

I know you have been waiting a while. Is there any other school you have decided on if you do not get into Clemson?

@CollegeorBustNE waitlisted UConn and Clemson. TCU is the school I am likely going to put a deposit on but they extended their deadline until 6/1. I am hoping to hear from Clemson and UConn before the date. TCU gave me a ton of money off and I donā€™t think Clemson or UConn will do that being waitlisted. Visited all three schools, TCU and Clemson being the most recent in February. TCU and UConn offer my major greatly and I ended up changing mine at Clemson to fit my needs more. Iā€™ve sent tons of emails to both UConn and Clemson and I got a pretty good response from UConn. But a very vague response from Clemson. So honestly I just keep checking my informed mail and going to get the mail everyday. Hoping for the best thank you for the support??

@CollegeorBustNE waitlisted UConn and Clemson. TCU is the school I am likely going to put a deposit on but they extended their deadline until 6/1. I am hoping to hear from Clemson and UConn before the date. TCU gave me a ton of money off and I donā€™t think Clemson or UConn will do that being waitlisted. Visited all three schools, TCU and Clemson being the most recent in February. TCU and UConn offer my major greatly and I ended up changing mine at Clemson to fit my needs more. Iā€™ve sent tons of emails to both UConn and Clemson and I got a pretty good response from UConn. But a very vague response from Clemson. So honestly I just keep checking my informed mail and going to get the mail everyday. Hoping for the best thank you for the support??

Clemson gave very little merit this year and only to top candidates. As for UCONN, my concern would be getting accepted to a satellite campus with no guarantee of getting main campus. TCU is a great school, my DD has a friend that will be on the swim team. In the current state of the economy, if TCU gave you $$ I would go with them. Starting your life after college with the least amount of debt will serve you better!

UCONN & Clemson will not give you that kind of money. Both gave my DD the least amount of merit.

Sending prayers that you get the outcome you wish for in the future!

We are from Pa too! My daughter had accepted the fact that she most likely wouldnā€™t get inā€¦nowā€¦Iā€™m not sure!

I sent Clem a huge email about how I was still interested and loved Celsmom. Got in a week ago off of the waitlist, SHOW INTEREST

@curioustyler thats amazing!! Congratulations to you. Do you mind sharing your stats and where youā€™re from? Congrats again!!!

@abcdhihihihi3322 of course! I am 100% going in the fall btw. BUT

Waitlisted then Accepeted
Major: Business (Finance)
OOS (MA)
GPA: 3.5
SAT: 1390

@curioustyler thats awesome! Happy for you. Iā€™m from NY and Iā€™m anxiously waiting. Itā€™s been my top choice for sooo long.