Clemson Class of 2027 Official Thread

Thanks for all the stats, but I where is everyone that got accepted stacking up as far as class ranking?

2 Likes

#3/391

2 Likes

For those who were deferred, were any of your applications in early or did you apply closer to the deadline?

I was deferred and applied close to the deadline, didn’t think that would play a role though ??

1 Like

DD was deferred and applied on 9/1

Deferred
OOS
School doesn’t calculate GPA or class rank(but all A/B, no C on transcript)
29 ACT
Elite Athlete - so that’s the only extra curricular besides President of Chess Club and participating in a couple other clubs
Submitted essay and test scores
Our HS has sent a few kids to Clemson that have done well there, which apparently matters in Clemson world.

On the whole, pleased with deferral. Since kid is at practice 30 hours a week, 50 weeks a year and will not do sport in college, stats aren’t super. Wherever we land, it will be based on essay and extracurriculars

1 Like

DS deferred
4.35 weighted
3.7 UW
National scholar
Captain varsity hockey team
tons of ECs
5 APs/rest honors
Business

Odds are they couldn’t even get to your application in time to review it so don’t be discouraged. Admissions doesn’t have a huge staff and there is no way they could review that number of applications in that short of a period of time

2 Likes

You think? I don’t really know how it works but that makes me feel a little better. I got a scholarship to UofSC so I figured I would at least get into clemson. Not looking forward to waiting till march :frowning:

26/602

1 Like

I think that may have some truth to it, although my DS applied a few days before the deadline and was accepted (albeit with lower stats compared to those who were deferred).

Said award being offered and specifics will follow in March.

When did you find out about SC? We are OOS and have not heard (were told Dec 15 I think.)

1 Like

He applied early August. Will have 8 APs, 3DE, 1500 SAT, deferred OOS

like two weeks ago! I was also told december 15th so I was surprised. I don’t think they released many apps

Could have a lot to do with the high school he attended and the major he chose. And also if his area Admission Counselor had less applications to get through. Congrats to your family!

1 Like

SC released some instate decisions early a few weeks ago

1 Like

Ok wow, awesome for you though, congrats! DD just got acceptance from Clemson, so that is exciting! Wish we knew SC already lol!

1 Like

good for her!! would you mind sharing stats? weird that she hasn’t received it yet!

D23 accepted!
OOS
liberal arts
top 10% of competitive HS, 30 ACT, 3.7 UW/ 4.3 W, 12 APs
Notified of scholarship, amount to be revealed in March

4 Likes