Clemson Class of 2027 Official Thread

DD deferred. OOS, lots of EC’s. Graduating HS with an associates degree in science.
Biology
3.8 GPA

Dd accepted
OOS
Business
Around 3.9 uw
1430 sat
Some Volunteering / seasonal job
Passion and demonstrated commitment to ballet

OOPS not my son LOL I meant my sister.

Deferred
Oos
4.3 weighted, 3.9 unweighted
Lots of AP and dual, multi sport varsity athlete, work and internship in major
Computer science major

All good. Not top pick…on to the next one and who knows what will happen in March!

1 Like

anyone else feel like this is far more competitive than clemson typically is?? maybe they just messed up with it being their first time doing early action. i also wonder if they’ll actually wait until march to release final decisions

6 Likes

dad of twins:

1. accepted - 3.95GPA - 33ACT - Microbiology
  2. deferred - 3.7GPA - 32ACT - History
4 Likes

My daughter got in!
4.1 GPA, did not submit test scores

1 Like

I agree. My dd (2024) was notified around this time in 2019 that she was accepted–she submitted her application almost the exact same date that he did. She had a 3.7 uw/4.1 w, 1420 SAT, 6 APs, 3x varsity athlete, 2 years volunteering with same organization, and worked part-time for her jr and sr years and was also a bio major OOS. Her brother has much higher GPA, more ECs, more awards, but lower SAT (by 60 pts), same major but was deferred. Definitely seems much more competitive this time around.

2 Likes

asking for a friend - did everyone just get a status update email or were there also congratulations emails that went out?

So many deferrals…do you think they had time to read them all?

1 Like

there’s no way. seeing someone with a 1500 sat get deferred just confirms that for me

5 Likes

Right…maybe they should have pushed back the notification date and there wouldn’t have been so many disappointed kids that got deferred that had high stats

2 Likes

OOS
4.1 GPA
29 ACT
Band, Show choir, many other EC
AP classes
NHS and several other honor societies
Camp Counselor, Youth Leadership, etc

2 Likes

hopefully they’ll release some info about the applicant pool? or maybe do rolling admissions instead of the march 1st deadline. pretty sure i’ll end up at usc if I have to wait until march 1st

definitely discouraged my son too, he’s wanted to go to Clemson since 8th grade

oos accepted, mentioned scholarship in March
3.9 unweighted, 10 Ap’s, 3 DE, 32 ACT
National Scholar, Lots of EC’s and leadership
Multisport athlete, Captains

did accepted students get packets in the mail today?

I feel like the college application process is getting out of control

12 Likes

My daughter was accepted in state, 5.03 W GPA, 31ACT, 11 AP’s, Top 5% of class. She’s not home right now but she read through it quickly and I think she said that it said scholarship and financial aid package would be received in March but she wasn’t sure the way it was worded whether it was actually saying she is getting a scholarship, or if it was just a generic statement, like any scholarships would be received in March. How exactly was your son/daughter’s worded?

3 Likes

Nursing is very competitive because Clemson only has a certain number of slots in the clinical portion.

However, many people enter Clemson as their second choice major then they change majors after 1st semester. This is usually successful (provided high grades are maintained in college).

Putting a 2nd choice of major, in a different college preferably, is one’s best shot at getting accepted.

Keep your hopes up! I can’t imagine the nursing class is filled with 1400+ SATs with 3.8+ unweighted GPAs.

1 Like