Clemson Class of 2027 Official Thread

But what would they be reading? Earlier today everyone around here was bemoaning the fact that Clemson was all about straight up stats and essays didn’t matter.

1 Like

“Therefore, we r pleased to offer u an academic scholarship. U will receive a detailed financial aid award offer including scholarships, in March 2023”

2 Likes

This is what D23 got too. Like a nice juicy worm dangling in front of a bass for the next four months…

1 Like

They look closely at the classes offered at each school, which classes were taken, the grades for those tougher classes, how they fit within the requested major, the number of DE credits is important to them and the type of DE class. And while stats are the most important, they still look at EC’s, personal statements, etc. it takes quite a lot of time to review an application according to the people I’ve spoken with in Clemson Admissions over the years.

2 Likes

I have no idea if they even glanced at some of these applications. Just seems like there’s a lot of high stats applicants that have been deferred.

2 Likes

The letter says “Your record has set you apart from a strong pool of students. Therefore, we are pleased to offer you an academic scholarship. You will receive a detailed financial aid award offer, including scholarships, in March 2023 .”

3 Likes

Essay is optional and I can’t imagine they read it for anyone except the close candidates.

1 Like

Its my understanding in order to apply for housing, u must b registered (
(deposit given) … but housing opens feb 1 so there won’t b a finincial package delivered before this.

that makes me feel better! it’s so strange to me that I got a scholarship to usc and clemson didnt even let me in! i’m a double legacy so a big fan and that’s why usc is still iffy for me

OK, just talked to her and had her read it again and it does say she’s offered a scholarship :).

Thanks! She re-read it and hers does say that same thing!

So they accept their first choice EA students, tell them “you’re getting a scholarship in March but we’re not telling you how much” but if that student wants housing, they have to pay an enrollment deposit in February before the student knows if Clemson will be affordable or not? Am I getting that right?

1 Like

We applied on 9/20 and all the paper work from the school and letters of recommendation were in by mid October before the deadline

Daughter accepted
OOS (California)
Business major
4.5W/4.0 UW
8 AP’s/4 DE
No test scores
4 year Varsity Sport/10 years travel sport
volunteering
Peer Mentoring to out of country foreign student
Work part time
Treasurer to NHS
Student representative on Student/Teacher School Accreditation committee

1 Like

My Clemson sophomore applied last minute, toured the end of April, accepted at the last minute. Housing picks were much later.

Our HS does not rank.

My daughter did not get a status update email as of yet She just went to the portal based on what we saw here.

2 Likes

Accepted
OOS, Business
4.6 weighted GPA, 8 AP’s, competitive HS
No test scores
Applied in early September
4 year multi sport, Senior captain
Volunteering same place since middle school

2 Likes

Our son was EA also, no email or change on portal. They doing staggered rollout?

Deferred.
OOS, Bright Futures Scholar, XCountry 3 years, Band, ROTC, 300 plus hours service…bummed, BUT, we shall wait. Top school choice…so he is willing to wait.

1 Like