Clemson Class of 2027 Official Thread

Congratulations! My daughter was accepted last year to nursing at Clemson and really loves it there.

1 Like

Accepted.

Major: History
OOS, 3.75 UW, 4.3 W, 32 ACT, 10 APs (scores mostly 5), sister at Clemson.

Accepted
OOS, Business
4.0 UW, not sure what Clemson Weighted would be
34 ACT
HS does not do class rank
9 APs, AP Scholar of Distinction
EC - 2 instruments, sports, fairly involved in clubs and activities, some leadership

1 Like

Accepted in-state
4.0uw/5.2w
1540 SAT
No rank
Microbiology
Scholarship TBD in March

D20 at Clemson is rooting for this one to be the winner!

1 Like

No rollout. Was his application complete? Did he go back in after submitting and do the self reported grades that were required? Does his portal say he applied early action? If he did and app was complete he should have gotten a decision.

We went through the self reported grades. I’ll get him to look again

Deferred
OOS - Business
3.7 UW/4.1 W
Test Optional
11 Honors Classes
Private College Prep School
Great ECs
Great Work Experience & Community Service
Great Essays

Not 1st choice, but would have been nice to know now if it was a contender!

Admissions doesn’t review applications until all material has been submitted. So the deferral may just mean they didn’t have time to review it yet with the huge number that came in at the deadline. Don’t be discouraged - it wasn’t a denial and that’s a great thing!

1 Like

Oh never mind - saw that your kiddo was accepted! Congratulations!!

1 Like

DS deferred Business
OOS
3.97 UW/4.2 W
1350 SAT
2 APs
Older brother is currently a junior at Clemson but was also deferred and eventually accepted

To be honest, I wasn’t overly surprised today because this seems to be the same pattern that happened with UGA a couple of weeks ago. He was also deferred there, but accepted with merit at Auburn.
These schools are getting much more competitive

3 Likes

Daughter accepted OOS with scholarship
4.0 UW - school doesn’t rank or report/calculate weighted GPA
35 ACT- taken once
2 sport varsity athlete ( all state in 1) 2 year captain
9 AP’s (all 5’s in exams taken) all other classes are honors
Well known very competitive private prep school

Her good group of friends were all admitted too with lower stats - same with UGA.

My DD applied the day of the deadline and was accepted.

1 Like

DD1 accepted to class of 2027 with academic scholarship (details to be released in March 2023)
:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

OOS
Top 6 percent out of almost 700
32 ACT
9 AP classes
Irish dancer (8+ years) nationally ranked. Founder and president of two clubs. Significant amount of volunteer hours. Three years of paid work experience. 1st chair violin/orchestra/MELOS.

To offer more stats from just a couple years back:
DS1 was accepted for the Clemson class of 2025, also with an academic scholarship
OOS
Top 10 percent out of almost 450
1500 SAT
7 AP’s
Not much in the way of extracurriculars/sports

My first two are only separated by two years
 and I do believe it is getting harder and harder every year. Scared for my DD2 and DS2 who will be going down this road in just a few years.

How did you get summer start? I thought they were not announcing that until next round.

1 Like

In SC, that cohort of graduates would have taken the SAT or ACT as a state requirement at their HS, so that shifts that number.

Accepted! I applied as a SC homeschooled student with a 3.9 UW GPA (no test scores considered), & with a lot of Extracurricular & Volunteer Experiences. Unfortunately I am going to withdraw my application because I was accepted at another school where I applied ED1-

2 Likes

Are all palmetto fellows candidates accepted to Clemson?

Typically, all in-state at that level who apply are accepted. Depending on timing of the application it may not be in their major and for many that state money is their only merit. Many end up doing better for their total cost at USC or out of state. They typically get their first choice in majors, but not always.

In theory, there are some who qualify later than the end of their junior year or fall of Senior year, so some may not be accepted, but later qualify (they get those 10 extra SAT points, etc
)

1 Like

Thank you! She is very excited!

2 Likes