Clemson Class of 2027 Official Thread

Some of my son’s classmates that were accepted did not get the scholarship offer.

1 Like

Clemson admits by major. So certain majors, such as Nursing, Bio, Arch, Business, require higher credentials than other majors. Thus, while data on GPA, test score, class rank etc. may be helpful, it will not tell the whole story.

1 Like

We did not get a scholarship offered. I’m assuming it’s because we didn’t submit test scores.

You can apply specifically for summer. My D did that last year and was accepted into Summer Start, but had the option to switch to fall if she wanted.

Clemson does not admit to finance. First year is general business and I just got off the phone with a counselor, they did not do any summer start decisions yet. Those will be part of regular admissions.

1 Like

Nope

1 Like

My dd got merit but we are not seeking financial aid, and she indicated that on her application.

2 Likes

My daughter is OOS and got a scholarship. No test scores and no aid.

1 Like

In the letter, Clemson indicates if they plan to offer merit based aid. You will not find out until March. Generally $5-12k as a range.

Not everyone accepted yesterday will get merit aid.

1 Like

I don’t think so, we submitted pretty decent test scores.

Are you OOS?

1 Like

Same. OOS/ not seeking financial aid/ merit offer. D23’s friend who was accepted (OOS) is the same too.

OOS, Offered merit; not seeking financial aid, did submit test scores.

Per our HS counselor:

"Many students will receive a deferred decision. A deferred decision is not a final admissions decision and It is NOT a denial. It is a pause or delay for a decision until they can look at your application as part of the entire applicant pool. Clemson does expect many deferred students to be admitted for fall, Summer Start, and the Bridge to Clemson program.

In addition, Clemson has shared with us that for the Early Action round they reviewed students for their first-choice major only. If they could not admit you during the Early Action round because of your first choice major selection, you will be reviewed again for your first choice major in the Regular Decision round as well as your second choice major. They did not want to admit students to their second-choice major in the hopes that they may be admissible for their first-choice major once reviewed with the second round of applicants. "

9 Likes

Spoke to them today as my child was deferred. They admitted 30% test optional. About equivalent to percentage of apps that were test optional

2 Likes

That’s great congrats! Class rank was a heavy factor for EA according to the counselor I spoke with today.

1 Like

What if your school doesn’t rank kids? My kid got in as a OOS biology major. Lots of kids from our HS were deferred. We also did submit test scores.

2 Likes

Usually the AOs can figure that out on their own, roughly.

1 Like

One of the things submitted by the college counselor at your high school is a school profile. This is requested and submitted with the transcript. It is a form that you can Google. Part of the profile is a breakdown of GPAs and where they fall within the class. So even if your high school does not rank, colleges will know which percentile you fall in. Dean J at UVA posts about this from time to time, screenshotting various profiles. Some schools have the majority of their students at the top end which devalues the GPAs. You may be able to request one from your high school counselor. We had to bring one with us when we did the UVA alumni interview.

Edited to add: this is a school profile from Choate which gives you an idea of the information on the profile. Our school profile was more compact but essentially contained the same info, including GPA distribution and number of kids at various distributions. https://resources.finalsite.net/images/v1634144492/choate/i3v8yxnp4pdstl9n8noo/School-Profile-21-22.pdf

1 Like

This is my question. Our school doesn’t rank.

1 Like