Clemson Class of 2027 Official Thread

My OOS daughter deferred in Construction Science. Wonder if that is a small program. 4.1 GPA weighted, National Honor Society, XO of her Navy Jr. ROTC battalion, APs, did not submit scores. Should we?

I’m sorry, I didn’t word my question right. I meant, how much might the Clemson scholarship be on top of Palmetto Fellows?

I’m sorry, I meant what amount of scholarship might Clemson give to those that are Palmetto Fellows

A lot of schools don’t rank. However, they do provide a school profile that allows admissions offices to figure out the rank. Admissions offices know with a fair amount of specificity where applicants are in their class

A high school doesn’t need to provide a specific rank for a college to be able to get a rough idea of an applicant’s rank. As others have said, the school profile usually gives a basic idea of where an an applicant is in his/her class, plus an applicant can be compared to other applicants from the same school. AOs might even have historical data from a school to help anchor the rank.

As someone else posted the average is about $3000 merit in addition to the Palmetto funds. A few do get more and some less. I can not remember if it stated that would be renewed annually. The palmetto and Life can go away if GPAs are not maintained - it happens to a lot with the Life.

There is some need based aid as well.

USC and CoC are far more generous typically with USC aggressively recruiting for Top Scholars and other programs. They want to keep our best and brightest here in SC. Clemson always gives off a different vibe.

Does anyone have a sense of what the lowest oos merit award might be? DD acceptance came with a scholarship award but her stats aren’t super high. Could awards be made relative to the major selected?

If you scroll back to Nov 2 Tigerwife posted a nice chart- and references aid. I can t figure out how to copy it and send it directly to you​:orange_heart::purple_heart::joy:

I think I’ve seen $5000 - $12500 as the range.

1 Like

tagging you here so I don’t hijack the other thread. In answer to your question about auto merit, we don’t know those levels/amounts yet; unless they change notification with the new EA applications, that info isn’t usually available until February. The last few years amounts ranged from $5k-$12.5k/year. The higher end has usually been for 34+ACT/top 10%/3.8-3.85+ uwgpa. Test optional can reduce the merit amount. This chart reflects levels 3 cycles ago; the top amount went up by about 500, but it gives you an idea of how they’ve historically awarded merit. This table doesn’t account for departmental or alumni scholarships which can add $500-$2k depending on the scholarship awarded. It also doesn’t include NMSF $. The only stat not listed is the uwgpa; from what I’ve observed over the last several years, uwgpa’s under 3.8 were left out, even with high test scores. If I hear anything about this year’s levels, I’ll certainly let everyone know.

2 Likes

Sorry all for the craziness I posted- but this should be what your looking for!

1 Like

This past spring (for Class of 2026), my daughter was offered $8K in merit. She had a 1470 SAT and 4.0 unweighted GPA and some 4.7 weighted GPA. I think someone has noticed that the merit aid has been going down recently because the charge above suggests she may have gotten 9K a couple of years ago. She also got a $500 departmental scholarship.

Are these amounts in addition to the in-state Palmetto scholarships?

1 Like

Those look like the out of state numbers

3 Likes

Also, DD in OOS for Nursing with scholarship

2 Likes

congrats! what were her stats?

3.9 UW/4.3 weighted. 9 APs.
Couldn’t get SAT scores to school by 10/15 so application switched to TO.

1 Like

Did anyone who applied Summer, get accepted to Summer you know of? We were deferred and put summer start?

Another mom at our school called admissions and was told that they had not done any placements for summer start this round.

3 Likes

I know right? I can’t believe the stats of some kids that got deferred. I mean, what more do they want? Unbelievable amount of pressure on our kids.

10 Likes