Clemson Class of 2027 Official Thread

I heard the same thing and our teen applied summer. WELL, maybe we have a chance after all

If you don’t mind me asking, what were some of the APs she took? My daughter is a high school junior and she’s wanting to make sure she’s taking the most useful classes her senior year.

1 Like

What does your daughter want to major in? Mine just graduated after only 3 years because she also had 9 AP’s and some DE, however she didn’t take the right AP’s. She was an exercise science major who did not take AP bio, AP chem, AP physics, or AP BC calc (just AB). She ended up graduating with honors (and in honors), but had to work tremendously hard on those college lab classes. ETA this was not my Clemson student, but no matter what, your student should take classes that make sense for her (my tiger is a finance major so took AP stat, ab and bc calc, CS, plus Spanish, UPUSH, micro, and the AP lights human geography and environmental science). All were accepted by Clemson.

1 Like

AP Gov is also important because it satisfies the SC Reach requirement and then they will not be required to take Government at Clemson.

2 Likes

Where did you see the scholarship info for yourstudent?

It was in her acceptance letter:

Yes, sorry that’s right. My daughter was out of state.

My daughter is a sophomore in the Honors College. She has PFs and was offered $1750 on top of her state scholarship money. Much less than what she was offered at CofC and UofSC.

1 Like

My daughter was accepted for summer. She applied for summer. Portal says she has option to switch to fall.
No mention of scholarship
OOS FL
Test Optional
14 AICE & AP classes
4.5 weighted
4 year varsity athlete
NHS & NEHS
VP 4 years of her club
3 years in same job

2 Likes

FYI for you in case your daughter was interested in the Summer Start program specifically - My daughter applied for summer last year and was accepted this way also. She had the option to switch to fall right up until summer session started. We were not aware that applying to start in the summer was not the same as the Summer Start program. My daughter really wanted to be a part of the program, living in the same dorms, having all the activities and support, etc. She had to call Admissions and request to be switched to Summer Start.

1 Like

Does anyone know of there is any financial benefit to waiting to accept your offer? Do you think it increases your scholarship/merit offer?

No.

2 Likes

Ok thanks!!!

Thanks for letting me know. Is there separate housing for those attending summer not summer start for first time in college freshman? Are there others attending summer. Seems like if it was an option on the application there should be plenty more kids being accepted summer. Unless, they would have also been accepted fall anyway
 My daughter has to call and find out.

There is separate housing for kids just attending “summer school” vs. “Summer Start”. And the Summer Start kids have a lot of planned activities and support that is different than the regular summer school students. Summer school students include upperclassmen who are also attending. When my daughter figured out that she wasn’t in Summer Start, she still had the option in her portal to switch to fall. Admissions said that she would have been accepted to fall had she not specifically applied for summer.

1 Like

For those accepted on December 1st, have you received a packet in the mail yet? My daughter was accepted (we are in state) but haven’t gotten anything in the mail yet.

We are OOS and also haven’t received anything in the mail yet. I am curious about the same, thank you for raising the question.

1 Like

OOS- we have not received anything yet!!!

1 Like

Nope. Just a welcome video by email

Just saw on Instagram a pic of a girl holding her envelope posted 14 hours ago so maybe they are on their way!

5 Likes