Clemson Class of 2027 Official Thread

Good to hear! Maybe we will get something soon.

Did Clemson publish anywhere how many applicants they got for EA? I know UGA did- they had ~26K and accepted 8K. Wondering if Clemson was similar?

1 Like

I don’t think it was posted anywhere, but I was told from someone in Admissions that it was well over 35,000. She didn’t give me an exact number though.

2 Likes

@Bluesky432 I notice that my son is 10 SAT points below the highest award. Do you have any idea if it’s too late to re-take the test to bump it up? I feel pretty confident he could do that, but I’m not even sure if he could still submit a higher score and by what date. Any idea? I know last year’s could be different from this year’s. But that could mean 12K over 4 years so maybe it would be worth it.

I have absolutely no idea. There are a lot of people on this thread who have a lot of knowledge, they may chime in. I think this is a simple enough question though, that if you call the financial aid office or admissions office they should be able to give you an answer.

2 Likes

We got our package in the mail 2 days ago. We are in CA. Not much in it but the acceptance letter and brochure.

1 Like

My daughter received her packet in the mail today. We are in Georgia.

4 Likes

We just got it today.

2 Likes

Yes, my son’s school does not rank either but I spoke with Clemson they do rank the students from his school anyway using the method the folks above mentioned - the school profile, the grade distribution from current year applicants and grade distribution from previous applicants. They also mentioned that some counselors will create a cover sheet for them stating the student’s rank within their class.

They told me they received right under 27,000, and admitted 10,000 with another 10,000 to admit for regular decision. They are expecting about 55,000 total apps.

5 Likes

My daughter was deferred. That is not encouraging that they expect 55,000 applications. This is really a stressful process :tired_face: Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!

3 Likes

That’s a projected 36 percent acceptance rate, quite a dramatic change over the past two years.

2 Likes

Does anyone know whether they denied any applicants in the first round of decisions or were they all just accepted or deferred?

3 Likes

We know of one student from my daughters school (OOS) that was denied. Maybe others, just know one is saying right now. Though everyone is talking about how no one got in that they know between 4 very close high schools in our area. However, my DD did get in.

2 Likes

Can I ask your daughter’s stats? I’m wondering if my son has a shot at getting accepted? He has a weighted 4.3 gpa and a 1330 sat, out of state, wanting to major in finance

1 Like

My D was accepted, OOS. 32 ACT, 4.313 W GPA, 12 AP/Dual courses,. Also, a Finance major. Good luck to your son!!

2 Likes

Thank you!

We know someone who was denied outright. Very good student so we think it was his choice of major.

1 Like

OOS
4.0 UW/4.7 W
12 AP’s/DE
TO
Business Major

1 Like

Thank you!

3 Likes