Clemson Class of 2027 Official Thread

My sons stats were largely similar to these as well (32 and 4.3 weighted) and he also was accepted into business.

Thanks!!

I have a current freshman at Clemson- in state, 4.0 uw gpa, 5.2 weighted, top 6% of class, applied test optional. Was accepted into Pre-Business last Feb. Donā€™t give up hope! There were close to 53k applicants last year! Go Tigers!

2 Likes

The

My daughter has a 4.37 weight GPA and 1370 GPA. She was deferred. She is considering changing her application to test optional for regular decision. Also a business major.

A 1330 SAT is roughly a 29 on the ACT. That is, unfortunately, a lot different than a 32. My daughter had a 1370/30 and is debating whether to change to test optional.

3 Likes

Can you change it to test optional even though they have your records? Are you also OOS? So crazy that Clemson is turning into a UCLA or UMichigan for acceptances??

1 Like

My son was deferred. He has a 32 ACT 98.5/100 (over a 4.0 equivalent) 6 APā€™s, 2 DE, the rest honors. Tons of EC- 4 yr Marching band and leader, jazz and concert band 4 years, NHS, Tri-M honors society, French honors, swim team, job: life guard and swimming instructor, volunteering etc.

What major did he apply for? In-state or OOS?

Chemistry. OOS. I mainly replied since someone(not sure if it was you) was contemplating changing equivalent of a 29 ACT to TO (since my son had a 32 and was deferred)Itā€™s somewhat surprising, but also, not, at the same time. Lol. Most we know weā€™re deferred, one acceptance. Not giving too much weight to EA, I feel like there had to be a way to narrow down the tons of applications they got, and didnā€™t read through all. Anyway, itā€™s all good, my son got into his #1 choice, 2 months ago , and was also accepted to Penn State and waiting for some others in Jan/Feb.

2 Likes

Daughter accepted with merit
OOS
Biology (pre health)
32 ACT
3.9 UW, 4.4W
7 AP (all 4s and 5s)
2 DE (one is getting CNA)
Very competitive public high school
Took all health field related electives
Top 10% in the state, lots of honor societies, lots of leadership positions, summer work, peer tutor, service over self club
ECā€™s - dedicated dancer with varsity dance team and school dance company, private dance company member, Chicago youth training company, taught special needs high school kids dance
Excellent essays (submitted supplemental)

She visited last spring and loved it!

1 Like

Class rank seemed to play a big role in EA acceptance for Clemson. Also, it seems they only took a small percentage of applicants from each HS, especially OOS, including schools that donā€™t rank.

4 Likes

Yes, I had heard that as well. Our school does not rank- but heā€™s in about the top 10%, obviously not high enough for 1st round. Totally makes sense how they narrow it down, there has to be a method. And yes being out of state, much more difficult.

1 Like

I heard that up to 100 students applied from our one Chicago suburban high school. I do not know of anyone who was not deferred.

1 Like

OOS? Denied here OOS 1530 SAT. GPA not as strong due to Covid

Clemson is very competitive, If she has scores you should submit. Average scores are usually high for OOS kids

1 Like

@SemperVaDad Construction Science is one of the closed majors at Clemson, so they have limited spots; much like Nursing, itā€™s very competitive. As far as whether or not to submit scores, it would really depend on the other stats and info: uwgpa, class rank or decile, rigor, legacy status, etc.

For everyone:
UWGPA, rigor, test scores and class rank/decile are very important to Clemson, so it would be helpful if everyone listed that information when they list their studentsā€™ stats.

Good luck!

2 Likes

I am trying to find a list of closed majors at Clemson, but am not having any luck. Does anyone know if pre-professional health studies a closed major?

1 Like

Health Science is considered a closed major, but I am not sure if pre-professional health falls under that. List of closed and capped majors. This is from the website:

• The opportunity to change into one of the closed majors listed here cannot be guaranteed.

• Communication
    • Construction Science and Management
    • Health Science
    • Language and International Health
    • Nursing
    • Sports Communication

The following majors are subject to space restrictions, GPA restrictions or departmental approval:

• Architecture
  • Education
  • Graphic Communication
  • Performing Arts (Music, Audio and Theatre)
  • Pre-Business
  • Psychology
3 Likes

@COMom3 see list of majors posted here that are capped at Clemson. I see that Psychology is on the list of impacted majors.

2 Likes