Clemson Class of 2027 Official Thread

Has anyone heard back from the Lyceum Scholars Program?

I visited recently and was disappointed with the noise level on campus. Our tour group had to move, and the guides had to stop talking, several times because golf carts were constantly driving past us. Also, the busy road that cuts through middle of campus had lots of loud motorcycles and trucks. I even asked the tour guide if campus is always this noisy! That said, it’s a college, not a spa, so I don’t think it matters much. It was just something I noticed and found annoying.

My daughter still has the withdraw button. Does that mean she’s getting denied or waitlisted? :frowning:

3 Likes

Do you think decisions might come out today (Friday 2/24)? Or will Clemson stick with it’s early March release date?

As far as I can tell, I am the only one to report not having it :slight_smile: This is a reach for DD, so I wouldn’t read much into it.

We still have the withdraw button and I think for EA everyone’s went away the afternoon they were released but I could be remembering incorrectly. It would be nice to end all this waiting today!

2 Likes

I also still have mine

2 Likes

On Instagram they said on March 1st

3 Likes

I agree ! I was kind of shocked At the noise level since All I heard about was how beautiful the campus is. However it’s my child that would be attending of course not me and they tend to be a lot more resilient to ambient annoyances

are there any hacks prior to admission to see if we got in?

4 Likes

I think Clemson has fixed their Hacks unfortunately. From what I read, somebody called and asked them about it a year or two ago alerting them to the issue :roll_eyes:

Did everyone get the emails to apply to the Lyceum Scholars program? Just curious because my DD got a few emails after she was deferred.

2 Likes

Yes, son got it. Applied RD.

1 Like

My D23 was also deferred in EA and got that email too.

1 Like

clemson site says you have to ask to be considered when you apply - was this the case with your student?

my D23 did not ask, she just started receiving emails.

I actually don’t think it is any indication of a pending acceptance. Clemson is a reach for my DD so I doubt they would be asking her to apply to any type of scholars program.

Deferred and got those emails too.

My daughter applied RD, did not check off the interested box and also received the email. I think it was sent to all and doesn’t mean anything. We received a similar email from another school and when I inquired with them about whether it was a personalized/targeted invite, they advised it was just a general invite sent to all applicants.

1 Like