Clemson Class of 2027 Official Thread

D23 has gotten nice packages from multiple schools and is waiting on two more schools’ decisions - one is Clemson. I really don’t know if she’ll wait until March for a scholarship offer from them. I thought the whole point of EA is to try to get more competitive with their class so waiting until March for merit awards seems… counterproductive.

4 Likes

I saw that as well. So, unfortunately, my guess is we’ll have to wait for Bridge or Summer Start decisions.

My older son was admitted directly into the business school a few years ago.

I’m a freshman at Clemson right now and before the decisions were released the withdraw application button disappeared and in the top left it said “starting in fall 2022”. My friend who is a senior right now just opened her portal after clemson posted on instagram to send them your decisions and it says “starting in fall 2023”

2 Likes

Good info. Do you think that means she got in?

So far in the other thread everyone who has checked doesn’t have the withdraw option? Not sure it was there before?

Where was that button?

I never noticed one

Most colleges make the withdrawal button disappear for everyone before decisions come out. Unlikely that it is meaningful.

1 Like

last year the three big indicators was you couldn’t with draw, you couldn’t change your information, and it changed to “Starting Fall 2022” - don’t know if it’s different this year

1 Like

My daughter checked just now and all three of those factors are on her portal. She swears the “starting in fall of 2023” is on everyone’s acct bc they are being considered for EA but she does not remember what it said before.

2 Likes

What do you mean by change your information? Your contact info?

We just checked a friends who applied RD. His says Starting at Clemson in: Fall 2023 so your daughter is right. It already said that. He still can withdraw or change info but that is probably because it is too late to change that for EA applicants.

Does anyone that applied EA still see the Withdrawal button?

Is her update information button gone? My son’s is still there. My expectation is that he will be admitted as he was auto admitted to UGA Honors, and Clemson doesn’t have any essay requirements (although his essays were good and not controversial :joy:).

Maybe it disappears as they update the decision? Or maybe he didn’t get in!

My D still has the orange “update” button for contact information.

1 Like

That should be there they are referring to the ability to change major etc for admission decision

2 Likes

I still see the ‘Update’ button as well.

1 Like

still have update button, but now i see Summer start 2023

1 Like

Did you apply for summer or fall?

4 Likes