Clemson Class of 2027 Official Thread

We are from OOS and there was a good friend of ours daughter last year accepted into the bridge program for Clemson. She accepted and has no regrets.

Her mom did go to Clemson, donates, speaks at Clemson at the business school (she is a CEO of a very big known company) and still got the bridge.

It literally is like she goes to Clemson. She went to all the football games, lives on campus and is very well integrated with Clemson students.

3 Likes

My dd was deferred at EA but accepted to Environmental and Natural Resources. Has already committed elsewhere but if Clemson had wanted her in the first round, she would have said yes. The only thing that could change this is if she was offered an excellent merit package. We are OOS.

The acceptance letter should indicate whether she was admitted with merit, although the amounts arenā€™t provided until some time this month. Even the EA admits are still waiting for specifics.

1 Like

Wow, good for you! Son has exact same stats, major, test optional, OOS, also plays travel basketball and soccer, 3 yr. varsity 2 sports, job, volunteering but waitlisted. Bummed.

It would be very interesting to see what % of students from each decision such as accepted, Waitlisted, and rejected reported their test scores vs. didnā€™t report. It seems like the majority from this thread didnā€™t report.

3 Likes

oh man, so hard to tell how this all pans outā€¦4.1 is his HS weighted GPA but our HS does not weight DE classes (he had 4 and all As)and Clemson does so his GPA is likley a bit higher for Clemson.

I am starting to regret having my son send his test scores in since he only scored a 1350 and I think that mustā€™ve hurt him. He was bridged. I have a feeling that if he had gone test optional, we wouldā€™ve gotten a better results, possibly summer start. His GPA is 3.97/4.28.

1 Like

Same as far as submitting them. These schools say that the sending/not sending are treated the same but that would be virtually impossible. They are 100% comparing kids that way.

1 Like

With all CA UC and State schools being 100% test blind, I know many kids now donā€™t even feel like itā€™s worth taking them. And, if they do, its one time with little or no prep just to ā€œseeā€ how they will score.

1 Like

Not an expert here, but probably this means 11 from the waitlist eventually enrolledā€¦ But no stats on how many were offered an enrollment (have to figure many chose another school after being waitlisted and were happy with that selection before Clemson offered them a spotā€¦)

I worried about the same thing with my daughter last year when she submitted her 1300 to Clemson. I wished she hadnā€™t sent it, but I worried for nothing because she ended up being accepted for fall start. My younger daughter applied test optional this year, and she got waitlisted. :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

We were test optional, 4.35gpa with APs and tons of activities and volunteer work and still got bridged. Had she scored a 1350 we wouldā€™ve certainly reported it as well. Sometimes it seems like there is no rhyme or reason.

If it makes you feel any better, my daughter submitted a 33 ACT with a 4.2 GPA and was waitlisted. Sheā€™s gotten in almost everywhere else with merit money and/or honors college offers. Make it make sense!

1 Like

I donā€™t think tests have been as high in their review process as years pastā€¦ My OOS son sent in a 1510 SAT and got Summer. A friendā€™s child last year had a 33 ACT submitted and got bridge.

1 Like

Donā€™t regret sending his score. My DS had a 1320 and got offered summer start for engineering. We are OOS. It has been a perplexing admissions season. He was waitlisted for VT which is in state for us. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

OOS, deferred early action and accepted RD summer start.
Engineering
1250 SAT
3.8 GPA
Varsity sports, volunteer and work

Does anyone know how hard it is to change your major at Clemson? Son admitted to second choice. He really wants to attend, but knows he wants his first choice.

I think it really depends on the major and if itā€™s capped.

2 Likes

Delete

I read on anther site that . . . ā€œBridge to Clemson is reserved for students with legacy status. These are the students who have familial relations with Clemson, whether past or present, including parents, grandparents, and siblings. However, due to the growth of the program, more students who are of nonlegacy status have been admitted.ā€

1 Like