Clemson Class of 2027 Official Thread

Bluesky432 BTW its real.
Also please what is the culture like and what will be the danger of me in the dorm. Their age limit is a real pain in the ass as my parent’s won’t probably like me to live alone or something.

Also housing emailed me to inform me about problems because of my age.
I would love to go to consider like rochester or northwestern. Not sure if the housing or cultural issue’s due to my age will also be there.

Anyways I always love a challenge.

This isn’t specific to Clemson, so I’d suggest starting a separate thread if you need help to address this situation.

In my opinion it’s irresponsible of Clemson or any other college to admit a 14 y.o.
Unless maybe they know for sure he/she will be living at home with parents.

I also know some excellent 17 year olds who were deferred. Doesn’t seem fair.

3 Likes

Clemson requires students to be 17 to live In University housing. Something seems off about them purposely admitting a 14 yr old.

4 Likes

Would venture to say this is likely not a legitimate post…

9 Likes

Good luck to you, U of SC is a great choice, especially for nursing, best of luck!

1 Like

I’m international so I dont have anybody to live with there.
Dunno y I was admitted maybe it was because of my application, 4 years of work experience, gpa, final exams or maybe just diversity. But I agree with you excellent 17 year olds shouldn’t be deferred.

Anyways I was looking for a solution to the housing issue, maybe I’ll look for a different uni that would accept me.

1 Like

I think you are going to run into the same issues with most, if not all, American universities. Even if you were permitted to live in the dorms, finding a roommate would be difficult. Most 17 and 18 year old freshmen are not going to agree to room with a 14 year old.

1 Like

And you can’t rent an apartment until you are 18 in SC.

4 Likes

Wow. Guess that’s a dead end. I’ll figure sth out.
Anyways thanks for everything all.

Is there any possible way you could continue school without attending a large university away from home? I’m not sure if there’s an equivalent to tech schools where you’re from, but maybe you could do that and some internships/research. Then, in a couple of years, you might be able to get into much more prestigious schools in the US.

1 Like

I might get the director of residential life to help you through this. Additionallycontact admissions and ask what they can do to assist in this issue. Good luck! You should b able to go to a university that has accepted you!!

1 Like

Well good luck! You’ll do well where ever you end up! Good advice to contact housing and admissions. They will be able to steer you in the right direction for sure.

1 Like

It was just reported that Clemson had 57,988 applications for the fall of 2023 and 36% acceptance rate (21,000 accepted). The number of applications have about tripled since 2014. Crazy numbers.

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/education/article272838880.html#featured-carousel-1

6 Likes

Wow! Thanks for sharing the article! :purple_heart::orange_heart:

1 Like

When are Accepted Student Days for Clemson? Thanks!

I wonder if the 21,000 accepted students includes the bridge students?

I had to call Admissions for something else this morning and the gal I spoke with told me they are now at 61,000+ applications. Crazy!

2 Likes

By comparison when my daughter applied in for 2018 admission they had 28845 applications and 13614 admitted for a 47% admission rate. Now in 2022 that had 58,000 applications and a 36% acceptance rate. That’s crazy

Int applicant accepted to Clemson with comp sci major. Just wanted to ask when clemson releases honors program admits?

Thank you!!

1 Like