Clemson Class of 2027 Official Thread

They are out

The kids need to access through IROAR

As a parent to a junior, I am interested to see where we might fall on the oos merit scale next year. If you feel comfortable sharing, would you mind posting amount, type (grant/merit) and basic stats? No worries if not. Congrats to all your accomplished kiddos!!

Does anyone know what is considered “good merit” from Clemson for out of state students? I have no reference point!

1 Like

So a mom had posted this. I believe these were the amounts last year (generally) but parents of kids of precious years say the merit seems to drop each year. I’m sure they will chime in and offer more than I know! :slight_smile:

I wonder if they will release them at 5pm?

They are released. Kids can access through their IROAR portal. Do you mean maybe we will be able to see them on the parent IROAR portal at 5? Thanks

That chart seems to be out of date and not aligning with what merit offers kids are receiving.

2 Likes

The merit awards have been released. Have your kid log into iRoar and check the Award tab within the Financial Aid section.

I would agree it’s out of date, my OOS son who’s now a junior (accepted pre-Covid, subsequent compression on admissions, and ever increasing draw to the schools in the south east) received the $7500/year and scored a 31 on his ACT.

It is out of date. Parents of kids who were accepted to Clemson years previously posted that and stated merit amounts have gone down over the years

My sophomore had a 33 and I think gets $9000? It could be $7500, not sure.

My DD got a 34 ACT superscore and awarded $10k for O/S scholarship and an extra $1k for Clemson Scholars. Looks like amounts went down from prior years. She applied to Lyceum and nothing was included for that. Is that announced separately?

1 Like

Did anyone see a personalized Cost of Attendance in iRoar? The website has an Estimate COA section outside if iRoar, but I anticipated a personalized one in the financial aid section. Thank you!

It was from the 2020 NPC; D20 had a 4.0uwgpa/35ACT and received $12k/year plus some smaller departmental/alumni scholarships. These awards were based off of top 10% class rank; they received smaller awards if they were in the top 11-15% of their class. They also needed a 3.85ish minimum uwgpa. The class of 2019 received $20k/year max, and the class of 2018 received $15k/year max for the same stats.

1 Like

My son had 34 in October but may have applied before that score released so then 33. Neither superscore

4.5 weighted, 4.0 unweighted. #1 in his class, class President and 4 year varsity athlete.

$7500 OOS and $500 University scholar. Disappointing but that finalizes the deal.

On another note, Clemson’s systems are ridiculous. They need to come to the modern age.

1 Like

I don’t think it is personalized. Assume you have to manually calculate taking into consideration financial aid and scholarships

1 Like

Our number was 2500 less than using the prior chart. If they went based on formula.

Logging into IRoar is kind of a pain, no? Downloading software? It’s not very user friendly 

1 Like