Clemson Class of 2027 Official Thread

Clemson U scholars -$500
O/S tuition scholarship- $10,500
Clemson Non resident grant- $11,000

4 Likes

Yes, that’s what my son got but it’s for the entire school year.

Sorry, I misread. That’s great! My son has something missing for his FAFSA. Need to figure out what and get it submitted. Maybe it will help. Who knows?!

My son has to make a decision, saw Wisconsin and loved it , we’ll see - good luck to everyone

1 Like

You will trigger The Life or Palmetto Scholarship. Those get confirmed by the high schools later. But do not expect any on top of that. The reality of Clemson instate. A handful get a little more in state, but not like at USC.

1 Like

S27 OOS, CA resident, 4.45W, 3.85 UW, SAT 1350
Rejected or WL’d at University of CA system schools
Clemson his top OOS choice (he already got the swag) and we were hopeful for merit scholarships, which he received at nearly all other comparable OOS public flagships.
Clemson - No merit scholarship money awarded
 !!!
Now big decisions to make (such as Florida State- which is about half the cost of Clemson (not including merit!) and less than CA in state!).
Thoughts/suggestions from those in the region who have more familiarity with both programs?

1 Like

Did his acceptance letter say he would get merit?

I read on another page that due to the volume of out of state applications this year, the minimum SAT score for Clemson merit was 1400.

1 Like

I was also told that about merit this year. My daughter was advised by her college counselor to not even report her score if it was 1350 and that was last year.

1 Like

As a Texan whose family has considered both, FSU and Clemson are pretty equal. Georgia and UF are bit higher regarded and other state schools go something like:

VT/NC State
Auburn
Bama/UCF
OU
USC/Arkansas
Ole Miss

May be skewed since we’re Texans. FSU will have a new b-school building and Clemson already has a great one. Clemson engineering is great. FSU is working to improve. Clemson draws more OOS ~50%) but has to. FSU May be 85-90% Florida but has excellent Florida job prospects. Clemson probably draws in big money centers like Nashville and Atlanta.

Not many Texans apply to FSU (distance and tough admit?) but we liked the value and academics. More apply to Clemson but it’s a tough admit and often full pay unless it’s a top notch student. A relative got into Texas A&M but not Clemson.

1 Like

My son had a 1380 and received a OOS merit scholarship. Clemson values class rank as he is currently 13th out of 459 kids.

1 Like

I doubt this is still accurate, I have a 1410 and didn’t even get into my top two majors, let alone merit

I don’t believe so

appreciate your insights!

I think this is accurate. D23 got OOS Clemson merit with 30 ACT & top 8% of competitive HS. Clemson accepted quite a few of her peers from our school and has in prior years as well.

Good point - they do value class rank highly and also rank the high school itself. If Clemson ranks the HS as having a challenging curriculum, that class ranking means a lot more than the same ranking at a less competitive HS. So students with the exact same scores, grades, class rank could have completely different outcomes based on the high school they attended.

1 Like

Where does one look to see if they got any merit? We don’t see anything on the Clemson portal about it. Does that mean no merit?

Have your child log into IROAR- that’s where it is.

Good luck. That was a huge pain to log into!

Any movement off the waitlist? Son had a 3.9 UW OOS, no test and waitlisted. A little surprised but it’s a brutal application year.

1 Like