Clemson Class of 2027 Official Thread

I saw that, but was hoping the “by” wording meant today! :joy::joy::joy: Wishful thinking, I know! Probably better to focus on getting in first :blush:

3 Likes

Anyone know what time the EA decisions will be released today?

1 Like

I don’t know how many actual EA applicants there were. With around 34,000 on the very last day I would imagine it’s well over 50,000 total. But that’s just a guess on my part. Obviously students who applied earlier are more likely to not be deferred as their applications would have already been reviewed before the huge influx on October 15th.

1 Like

They just “evening” so it’s just a waiting game now!

*only said “evening”

Last year regular decisions were released at 6 pm. I think they do that so people can’t start calling them immediately if they don’t like their decision! They have to sleep on it! :joy:

3 Likes

Another interesting note that I was told is that a very large number of applicants used the Common App instead of the Clemson app on October 15th. The Common App apparently takes 24 hours to upload to Clemson so a lot of kids didn’t meet the deadline. That’s going to push the number of total applicants up also. Seems like the numbers this year are going to be much higher than last year’s total.

2 Likes

My daughter used CA just before midnight. Her application was accepted. She was clicking so it would go through at exactly midnight, and it went through at 11:59. We were very nervous that it would be thrown away, because we couldn’t go back and “reapply” after midnight. She called, and they said it was accepted in the system.

NVM, I read the comment wrong.

1 Like

We’ve paid two housing deposits, both at schools that allow you to pay for housing without commitment to the school, and both where the date by which you pay for housing determines your priority. Sounds like Clemson housing is based on when you file your application so doesn’t sound like that’s an issue there. Actually we also paid for Florida housing right after he submitted his application because you have to do that to get in line there. So I guess we’ve paid for three😂. It’s a crazy system!

2 Likes

We haven’t put any housing deposits down yet, but will today to Auburn and UGA if he gets deferred from Clemson (top choice).

I really don’t understand the delay in applying to Clemson. He applied early August after we got back from vacation. Also same for Alabama and Auburn, which also do not require essays. Super easy applications. My kid didn’t use the common app because his essay was not ready and for some reason the common app required an essay to be uploaded to submit even though Clemson doesn’t require it. He just used the school applications for all three. My guess is they don’t read the majority of the optional essays, just the ones that are for borderline decisions.

1 Like

We deposited at Auburn and UGA also. They are both above Clemson on his list so today is a little anticlimactic. If he doesn’t get into Georgia Tech next week, he will do the honors application for Auburn. Already auto admitted to honors at UGA. Not sure any of his January/February decisions would convince him away from those three.

1 Like

I wonder if this was a misstatement. Last common data set indicates 70 percent of accepted submitted scores.

4 Likes

Was not a misstatement. Of the apps submitted right now, 70% chose test optional. Not related to CDS

2 Likes

What is CDS?

How do you know that?

Those two can go hand-in-hand. At a lot of test optional schools, those that submit tests have a higher acceptance rate than those who don’t. Sounds like the case here based on those two data points.

CDS is the Common Data Set

Thanks

2 Likes