Clemson Class of 2027 Official Thread

I am considering doing this with one of my daughter’s admissions, but I hate to lose the money. I should have done it weeks ago! Now I’m kicking myself.

Good Luck tonight for all! Eagerly waiting. I saw somewhere someone posted 6 pm from speaking with the office. BUT, that’s hearsay to me.

2 Likes

My son (sophomore at Clemson now) applied a few hours before the midnight opening back in 2020 via the common app. No problem. He was at the front of the line when it came time to pick housing.

I just looked at the common data set for Clemson from2021/2022 and it says that of the enrolled freshman 40% submitted SAT scores and 30% submitted ACT scores. Some of those freshman might have submitted both SAT and ACT scores so it isn’t clear what total percent of freshmen submitted at least one test score.

Perhaps but I think that is quite uncommon, might account for a percentage point or so.

Does anyone know if an email gets sent out saying the decisions are on the applicant portal/account or does my son need to just keep refreshing the page?

1 Like

The other schools so far sent an email saying your status has changed

That what I was assuming…just never know if all schools are the same. That would be much better than constantly refreshing the page!!!

Yeah I agree. Either way it’s going to be a looooong afternoon for those of our kids who have CU as their first choice

2 Likes

Two years ago I think I saw on here decisions were released 6ish and my daughter got an email hours later. So, I suspect my son will be refreshing his portal constantly.

AMEN. son wore full clemson attire this afternoon. sending positive vibes out.

4 Likes

Haha. I’m back and forth on if I should throw my Clemson hoodie on for the remainder of the afternoon. Almost too nervous for my daughter!

2 Likes

lol - my daughter wore her Clemson attires to school! She is most likely going to be deferred or waitlist or yikes…don’t even want to type it. But I love her outlook and positivity. She said is cheering on her high stat friends.

2 Likes

d23 wore her Clemson shirt today too. I thought it was cute.

3 Likes

Same sitch here. Mine is going for Sports Comm and she calculated it’s basically a 2.5% chance given 1/3 of the capped admitted number (30) goes to athletes. But I’m still hoping there is a chance!

1 Like

my son put Sports Comm as 2nd choice and General Business as 1st. His resume and application speak to a sports Comm degree though. Expecting a deferral regardless. Good Luck to you!

2 Likes

Same to you!

1 Like

do it. Send those positive vibes out

We think we in the same boat. BUTTTTT. we are hoping for a miracle

1 Like

As I sit waiting for decisions to come out, I’ve actually become a little perturbed that Clemson doesn’t want an essay. It’s strictly a stats game.

If I do get in, it’s only because I’m good looking - they don’t care about my personality. Metaphor of course, but if there’s any indication that I’d only be a number, this is it.

Wish I considered this before. Just the same, good luck to everyone!

4 Likes