Clemson Class of 2027 Official Thread

as a current clemson student, i wanted to come on here and wish y’all the best of luck! rumor here is that decisions are coming around 5:30-6pm (and potentially a lot of deferrals.) best of luck and go tigers!! :orange_heart::purple_heart:

6 Likes

I believe most universities put GPA/scores/rigor first over EC’s and essays, even those who claim to be more holistic. Good luck! ETA I’ve had kids at 6 different universities, my tiger definitely doesn’t feel like just a number at all.

1 Like

Vitals definitely hold more weight - as they should. However, most universities do require a personal essay which holds some weight and gives more insight into the individual they’re accepting.

It’s hard to “guarantee” a truly diverse campus based on academic statistics alone.

Was the Clemson supplemental optional? My D23 definitely spent alot of time crafting that.

1 Like

Yes. Totally optional.

1 Like

A little late to the party but also very anxious for my D. Does anyone know how Clemson recalculates their GPA? D has mostly honors, AP and DE classes and her school adds 7 points to those. She entered Thaler grades in the self reported section. Good luck to all of us!

We were told by Admissions that there is no specific formula for recalculation. But they look at the number if AP and DE classes taken compared to what the school offers and they weight the strength of the school heavily. Meaning they rate the high schools based on their rigor - some high schools AP classes and the corresponding grades in those classes mean more than in a school that isn’t ranked as high.

1 Like

The State of SC uses the .5 for Honors and 1.0 for AP add-on to determine GPA. Per Clemson’s Common Data Set from last year, the average admitted GPA was 4.38 on a 4.0 scale.

2 Likes

Do they recalculate an applicants GPA?

1 Like

Does anyone know if they take the GPA for what it is or do they recalculate. I know that many schools do not count certain classes in their GPA, for example Religion.

Yes they recalculate using an extra .5 for honors and 1.0 for AP. I do not know if this is only for core courses. Each college standardizes they way they calculate GPA in order to compare apples to apples.

2 Likes

I think they recalculate.

Yes looking at the CDS you will see that essay at Clemson is lightly considered…vs a wake or UNC.

Hey guys, Im applying to Clemson and I am waiting to hear back. Im really scared

My daughter is feeling the same way but try not to stress. If they really did receive 34k applications on 10/15, alot of this is going to be luck. It’s not an indication of your college readiness nor a reflection of you as a student!

6 Likes

Thankyou! your so sweet!! best of luck to your daughter <3

1 Like

Hey Barbara! I am a student too and I am super nervous!!! I am also scared because I am out of state and I think the acceptance rate is much lower. Best of luck to you!

2 Likes

Don’t be scared. It will all work out.

2 Likes

gonna barf

4 Likes

You got this queen! I wish you the best of luck

1 Like