Clemson - common app essay and/or personal statement?

Hey!

My daughter is applying to Clemson and the Common App is optional and there is an optional personal statement. If she submits the Common app essay is that enough or does she need to do an additional personal statement? I know neither is required.

Thanks!

I think it’s one in the same

We have the same question for 2023 application. It definitely is is located in two different parts of the application. Did you ever get a sense if both are needed?

Use the Clemson App.

Personal statement is optional as Clemson only “considers” an essay (see common data set).

IMPORTANT:

If admitted, Clemson uses application submission date for housing selection priority. If CU is a top choice- don’t delay

We have the same question. If son includes the Common App essay, is the Personal Statement essay that Clemson gives you the option to upload the same thing? Or is it more like the “Additional Info” section of the common app? An opportunity to briefly explain something? We are so confused and the application deadline is tomorrow!

we just did the common app essay and not the personal statement. They are basically the same

1 Like

my son applied last year and matriculated this year - he used the common app and did not have a separate personal statement.