CLEN UG DT Scholarship?

I received an email stating that my financial aid portal had been updated. When I went to check on what had changed, I found this random scholarship with a nice sum of money. I’m assuming that it stands for College of Engineering Undergraduate (DT?) Scholarship. Did anyone else get this scholarship? If so, on what criteria do they hand these scholarships out?

Are you a Chemical Engineering major, @KZ0125?
It is differential Tuition. What classification are you and major? It will help me know more what to tell you, as engineering majors cost more than other majors.

@Thelma2 I’ll be a sophomore Computer Engineer in the fall

@KZ0125
You’ll find some information in the Financial Aid section of your Howdy portal. As a parent, I log into Howdy and go to Financial Aid, then Awards (yours may be different, I don’t know).

There will be a list of your scholarships listed under Awards. Click on the name of the award, and you’ll get a pop-up screen with some information about it.

Also on the Awards page is a link that says, “Click here for a printable version of your award letter.”
Generate a letter for 1920 (that means the school year 2019-2020) and click “view letter.” You’ll have to save it to your computer and then open it up. The letter should tell you where the award comes from and what the scholarship requirements are. It may be the same information you get from clicking on the name of the award, but it’s best to check both places just in case. Great job getting a scholarship! :+1:

@KZ0125 Not all majors cost the same at A&M and an engineering degree is one of the more costly degrees. This is a tuition differential scholarship to offset the extra cost of engineering.

My daughter received similar except hers says CLAG UG scholarship. Says the 1 year scholarship “functions as an institutional grant based off your current financial need”. Her federal loans were adjusted after this scholarship was applied.

If a student is going to be less than full time WITHOUT accepting AP or dual credit, please remind me again how/when to accept credit in order to be a “full time” student. My son will have no additional courses beyond 8 credit hours’ worth that he can take for credit at TAMUG before transitioning to CStat. All his core requirements are done. Does dual credit have to be formally accepted? Does dual credit not count toward becoming “full time”, because in some ways you don’t have a chance to accept or decline these? Should he accept credit before the semester starts, through Howdy?