Closing Blue Banners

Regardless of how many times I close the blue banners, they keep reappearing with the same message. Is there a way to select “do not show again”?

Currently, I keep having to close, " Are you a student from a low-income household? College Confidential is partnering with UPchieve to help you. Follow these steps to get FREE online tutoring and college counseling. Plus, ask UPchieve’s college experts your questions on the New FAFSA!"

You shouldn’t see the banner if you close it once. The banner will reappear if I create it again though.

How often do you re-create banners? I log on, close the two or three new banners and proceed. I log off after each use. When I log on again, the same banners are back.

That does not seem like normal behavior. I did change the banner earlier today, but if you close it now, it shouldn’t reappear. Is that correct, @CC_Jon?

That’s odd. I’ve been testing using an incognito window and I see the banner you mentioned before I log in. After I log in, I also get this banner:

Do you want live notifications when people reply to your posts? Enable Notifications

But that’s because of the incognito window. When I use another browser, I don’t see any new banners at all after I dismiss the one we are currently featuring.

The way it’s supposed to work is that admins can edit the banner without causing it to re-appear to people who dismissed it. If we create a new banner (or manually remove and add the banner) it will show up again as @CC_Sorin notes.

I don’t usually dismiss the banner (normally there’s no easy way to see it again) but I’ll see if it pops up again before we renew it. If anyone else observes the problem, let me know since it might help us narrow down the cause.

I wish I had a better answer and I’m sorry for the annoyance.

Does it matter what browser I am on? For example, sometimes I’m on a desktop (Chrome) and sometimes I’m on my phone. It is more bothersome on my phone because the banners take up more space. I always delete on my phone and it seems that they reappear when I’m on the desktop.

Good question. I just noticed the banner is back for me on Chrome. So I do see a problem. Let me test to see if I can reliably reproduce it. Thanks for the report!

1 Like