clothing?

<p>Kind of a dumb question but what kind of clothing do the students wear? From what I saw mostly miami t's on campus, but what about off campus? What kind of clothes/brands do you see the people wearing around Sobe, coconut grove and other parties?</p>

<p>Beautiful clothing. That's what. Stuff I've never seen before!</p>

<p>Not to sound arrogant, but this question is very awkward and idiotic. The University of Miami is like every other college with the exception that it's a private university, which attracts students who come from higher socioeconomic families. People wear everything from Abercrombie and Fitch, American Eagle, Polo, Tommy, Hollister, generic clothing from Kmart walmart target all the way up to high end fashion from Gucci, Coach, Von Dutch, True Religion( jeans) and just about everything else. Also a lot of people wear MIAMI HURRICANE shirts, jerseys, hoodies, shorts and Crocs.</p>

<p>When people go to clubs, they either wear nice Polos or oxford shirts with jeans and casual shoes.</p>

<p>Hope this helps!</p>

<p>Yeah, it was weird asking, but different areas have different popular clothing. If you were to come to michigan around MSU or some other universities you would see a TON of abercrombie and hollister, other parts of the US you don't see these as much.</p>

<p>i dont think its a dumb question.. i visited umiami and the clothing was the first thing i noticed about the student body.. i saw a lot of pink polos and very preppy outfits on all the guys.. what shocked me was that i didnt see one fitted hat on a white male.. im from jersey, where all you see is fitteds.. im not preppy at all and felt like id stand out in the crowd if i went there.</p>

<p>I think you should worry less about what others are wearing and just be yourself. My S who is at UM now, wears what he feels comfortable in regardless of what the others are wearing. For him it's band t-shirts mostly and Billabong with cargo shorts or basketball shorts and sandals, sometimes hats. Sweatshirts and jeans for cooler days and nights.</p>

<p>Seriously</p>

<p>Can someone close this thread! Who cares what the other people wear?!! How doe is effect you. As cliche as it may seem, the outside appearance is not what matters and if you chose your friends based on their families income level and what car they drive, clothes they wear, then you would definitely find some friends at Miami because a lot of kids are so self-conscious and only hang out with kids who wear the same stuff. There totally missing out! College is about going outside of your comfort zone and meeting all types of people, from all different backgrounds and cultures.</p>

<p>I grew up in a lily white suburb that was mostly comprised of upper-middle class and upper class white Jewish families. My high school was probably 50% white Jewish males and females with very little minorities. Hardly any African-American and small percentage of hispanics. I feel that it was not an awesome high school experience because most of the kids were very fake and this was in a public school.</p>

<p>I think you are guys are taking this far too seriously, it was just a light-hearted question. How is it that bad about me asking what kind of clothes you generally see people wearing around? It is no different asking about the whole "is umiami all about clubbing?". You guys are going way too overboard and thinking its a much bigger deal than it really is. Chill out.</p>

<p>How does me asking what people wear effect you in the least bit? I think you are by far much more annoying by making baseless assumptions about me. Then you go and tell me about your high school experience like it matters in the least bit to me? I don't need advice on how to live my life, I do what I like to do and wear what I like, but if I want to ask a question about what you see in a particular area, I don't want to get lectured by some friggin kid who is somehow offended.</p>

<p>agree with u bro.. and yea from visiting, all the white kids wear pretty much the same stuff - polos, shorts, flip flops, no hats.. hope that doesnt get every1 all bent out of shape that i said that.. u all are crazy for getting so defensive</p>

<p>lol, thank you CRon.. at least someone isn't nuts :p</p>