COA for 2014-2015

<p>Has anyone seen the COA for 2014/2015? I hear that is might not be posted until summer. If that is true, then how is the university determining scholarships and grants based on COA and EFC?? Other universities have offered scholarships to fill the gap between COA and EFC. It seems that TAMU is in the process of increasing tuition and fees by a huge percentage, but are also offer fewer scholarships than previous years. </p>

<p>The COA was included on your financial aid letter. It is broken out on the shopping list thing. It is a little over $23k for 2014-2015. We fully anticipated A&M awarding grants as in previous years and were extremely disappointed by the financial aid offered to my son. All the websites indicate that A&M has historically met 78% of the undergraduate student’s proven need after the EFC. My son received only 25% and half of that was the top 10% from the state at $600 and work study. We have now shifted gears after wasting a ton of time and money (non refundable new student conference fees, etc). My son has now shifted gears and will be attending UT Austin who exceeded our expectations based on the historical data on the websites. Extremely frustrating when you plan and plan and it still doesn’t work out.</p>