Coach Grant has made Bball fun again

<p>UA is and always will be a football school. But we also had a strong basketball program in the 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s under C.M Newton and Wimp Sanderson. </p>

<p>Coach Anthony Grant has done an amazing job in just his 2nd year and has made going to Coleman Coliseum fun again. If you’re a current student you’re missing out on a great time if you’re not taking advantage of your free admission to basketball games. </p>

<p>This team just wrapped up the SEC West division title tonight and is tied with UF for 1st overall in the SEC. After a poor start to the season we now have a great chance of making the NCAA tournament. </p>

<p>Support Coach Grant and Bama basketball. Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Coach Grant is an awesome coach…very classy man…and handsome, too! :)</p>

<p>He’s worth the 1.8M that Bama is paying him. :slight_smile: </p>

<p>got to spend money to make money…</p>

<p>I didn’t realize how tall he is until tonight.</p>

<p>As a VCU/MCV grad I’ve followed Coach Grant at VCU. He’s a GREAT coach. Can’t wait to see what he does with Alabama basketball!!! ROLL TIDE!!!</p>

<p>Wait. They’re tied for 1st over Kentucky & Vanderbilt? Wow. I don’t follow college basketball but I know enough that KY & VU are usually up there. Pretty impressive!</p>

<p>Actually to correct myself we’re now in sole possession of 1st place overall in the SEC by a 1/2 game over Florida.</p>

<p>UA is 10-2 in the conference right now and UF is 9 - 2. No one else is within 3 games of us. We beat Kentucky at home a month ago and lost a controversial heart breaker to Vandy on the road last week. Our only other conference loss was at Arkansas which we avenged with tonight’s win.</p>

<p>We have games left against auburn at home, Ole Miss and Florida on the road and then UGA at home to close out the season. Winning 2 out of the four SHOULD get us in the NCAA tournament and 3 out of 4 or better and we’re a LOCK. the game at Florida will probably decide the overall conference winner.</p>

<p>There is also an SEC tournament between the end of the regular season and the start of the NCAA tourney. The winner of that gets an automatic bid to the NCAA tourney. As SEC west champions we’ll get a first round bye in the SEC tourney.</p>

<p>Bamafana! nice to see a fellow VCU grad here - hubby and I are both grads :)</p>

<p>AWESOME AL34. Are y’all from Virginia?</p>

<p>nope - I was a (damn) yankee from Syracuse and he was from Maryland. Relatives in Va. now, I’d love to go back :)</p>

<p>AL34 I’m in SW Virginia now, but I LOVE Richmond!!!</p>

<p>Not a VCU grad but a Richmond resident. My son will be attending UA this fall to study engineering and hopefully play in the band. It is great to watch VCU BB and see how they have progressed. I know the city misses Coach Grant but the teams seems to be doing fine now.</p>

<p>Roll Tide.</p>

<p>Two more wins and we are in!!!</p>

<p>Roll Tide.</p>

<p>I had 5 heart attacks watching last nights game and I’m shocked my tv screen is still in one piece. That was an excruciatingly painful game to watch. But it all turned out ok in the end, and the “W” will look just the same as the rest of them :-)</p>

<p>As you said Riggo, two more and we’re a lock. We might get in with one more (especially if it’s against UF) but I’d be a nervous wreck on selection Sunday. And my poor heart can’t take much more :slight_smile: </p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Bama 51
Auburn 49</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>It’s going to be busy in T-town on March 5th…the last home game.</p>

<p>I will be there! Just ordered tickets a couple of nights ago. Can’t wait. By the way, Mom, you were wondering about whether Coleman could be expanded. I suppose it could, but UA put a whole lot of money into remodeling Coleman already. It is a much nicer facility than it used to be. I like how they have the students at both ends of the court. It is a much more intimidating atmosphere now. They also added luxury skyboxes. </p>

<p>If Coach Grant can produce a championship team on a regular basis, I imagine that UA would be open to building an entirely new arena. Coleman is already a large facility compared to most other campus arenas, but it is a little dark, and cavernous. But a new building would be some years off I am sure.</p>

<p>However, if they did, I wouldn’t mind if UA copied AU and placed a new arena somewhere closer to the middle of campus. Just imagine what the atmosphere would be like having an arena very close to those Honors Dorms on the North side of campus. Perhaps the Bryce land would be a possibly good location for a new arena.</p>

<p>Atlanta, my son joined the Crimson Chaos club. They are the students on the floor. He LOVES it!!! They try very hard to be intimidating to the other team!</p>

<p>ROLL TIDE!!</p>

<p>When I was at last Saturday’s game, I wondered who those kids were at the ends of the court. It looked like they have to stand on these mats as kind of a boundary. So, now I know that they are the Crimson Chaos Club…cool. </p>

<p>the whole crowd can be very intimidating…making lots of noise when the other team is trying to get their plays and players setup. </p>

<p>The top corners of the stadium are very cavernous. I don’t see how Bama basketball could just give up this expensive arena and build another one anytime soon. It is pretty nice inside. I just hope that there is a way to expand and put more seats.</p>

<p>yep, this is gonna be an issue for me next year. don’t know how i can root for my childhood team, the Memphis Tigers, and my college, obviously Alabama.</p>

<p>it’s ok to root for 2 teams…unless they have to play each other at some point. :)</p>

<p>With our loss to Ole Miss, we are officially “on the bubble”. Will need to finish strong to get to the dance.</p>

<p>The loss to Florida puts us outside the bubble, looking in. We will need to beat Georgia and do some damage in SEC tournament - probably two wins. Not impossible, but the road to 64 is getting tougher.</p>

<p>Where’s NJBama when you need him?</p>