Coach not responding to email

We called in 2 occasions

1. D left a message to outline who she was, had written several emails on xx/yay/zz dates, thought her times were within rage for consideration, and inquired about response, which came back the next day.

2. D called because a meeting date had been confirmed, but her emails to confirm true exact time hadn’t been answered. She ultimately met the coach and the assistant

#2 makes perfect sense….did #1 result in genuine interest and recruiting?

#1 is now a live process, coach meeting upcoming, and awaiting confirmation of whether there will be a pre-read. no high hopes, but meeting/visiting as it is next door to another target school meeting/visit

1 Like

I second putting your times in the subject line. My daughter c/o 24 (track and XC) sent out emails to her top five D1s in March with a subject line that just said “women’s track recruiting”. She got no responses. She did the same thing last month and 4/5 responded within a day. She has since set up 3 officials. I gather that the coaches get so many recruiting emails that they can’t/won’t sort through all of them. If they see times they like without having to sort through their inbox, and they are interested, they will likely respond. Also, like some of the other posters said, July is a down time for coaches due to vacations.

3 Likes