Coach Saban visits MDB

<p>If any of you are in Tuscaloosa today and would like to see a great tradition, Coach Saban will have his annual visit with the MDB today. Not sure of the time, but last year it was around 10:30am. It’s also worth a visit just to see 400 or so tired, sweaty students gather to sing the Alma Mater in harmony, acapella at the end of every practice.</p>

<p>Hope they’ll post some Facebook pix!</p>

<p>Wasn’t there a video of this where the freshman football players were taught Yea Alabama by the MDB?</p>

<p>That is a separate event where the section leaders and so e of the pep band go to the football complex to teach to the fight song.</p>

<p>The drum lines are always (always!) practicing outside on the lawns surrounding Moody Music Building and around any open areas near the stadium. They always sound great, put a spring in my step, and a smile on my face. THANK YOU to all of these students who make the athletic program so special at UA.</p>

<p>Coach Saban did visit our MDB rehearsal this morning at 11:00. We typically get out for lunch at 11:00, but today we stayed until 11:30 just for him. I didn’t mind. We played the fight song for him twice. At 3:00, the leadership team and seniors visited the football complex to teach the freshman football players the words to yea alabama. Since I’m a freshman, I didn’t get to go.</p>