CODO into FYE

<p>I will be attending Purdue next fall and I am currently in the USP program. How hard is it to CODO into First Year Engineering? An admissions counselor told me it can be very competitive so I am nervous about it. Also, is it possible to take Engineering 13100 while in the USP program? Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>Hmmm… From what i know, you would have to get a GPA of 2.7 for the classes you take in fall 2011. All of your grades must at least be a C minus and you MUST attend a codo meeting. I dont think it is really extremely hard to get into engineering once you make the grades and meet the requirements, but it is very competitive because there are a LOT of people wanting to get into engineering and they can only take a certain amount of students each year… So you shouldnt have to worry about not getting in unless your GPA is borderline 2.7 or something… There is more info on CODO requirements into engineering here <a href=“https://engineering.purdue.edu/ENE/InfoFor/CurrentStudents/CODORequirementsforFYEP[/url]”>School of Engineering Education - Purdue University;

<p>Only engineering majors are allowed to take ENGR 131 and both ENGR 131 and 132 have to be completed before you are allowed to continue into any engineering schools. It would help if you took engineering related classes (ex MA 165, MA162, CHM 115) as they can help in your codo-ing into engineering next semester. Good luck!! :)</p>

<p>Thanks for re reply!</p>

<p>I heard you could get an override to take the class though if needed. Do you know if that is possible?</p>

<p>Talk to your USP counselor and tell them that you want to CODO into FYE. They will tell you the steps to doing so and will advice you what classes to take. IMHO, USP has one of the best academic counselors on campus since they have to deal with students CODOing into other departments on a constant basis.</p>

<p>Sweet I never thought of it that way! Can you transfer after your first semester??</p>

<p>I’m not sure. I don’t think you can. If you fulfill the requirements after a year in USP, you can go directly into a program if I recall correctly. That is if you get accepted into the program first of all.</p>

<p>Ok, so what would you say was the average GPA that got into the college of engineering from another college in Purdue?</p>